Watching the Game at McNammara

forestlaker

Reaction score
I saw it was mentioned that home games would be televised at the Alumni Center at McNammara. Do you think they would televise away games also? How about showing away games on the Scoreboards at TCF?

Marketing is poor

The gophers marketing department has never been great, and as usual they are missing a big opportunity. Have TCF open to ANYBODY who wants to watch the away games, especially in September when the weather is good. I can just as easily sit at the stadium and watch on the massive screan versus my house. Throw in a little tailgate action and it could be a very fun time

The gophers marketing department has never been great, and as usual they are missing a big opportunity. Have TCF open to ANYBODY who wants to watch the away games, especially in September when the weather is good. I can just as easily sit at the stadium and watch on the massive screan versus my house. Throw in a little tailgate action and it could be a very fun time

Okay. I see what you're saying. However... If this happens, you will have to pay to get in. And pay the event rate to park. It costs money to employ parking attendants and organize all that. Plus, there is security to fund...and custodial work. People need to be paid to run the scoreboards and sound system. Plus im sure people want to be fed, which also costs more than just the price of concession food.

Extra things like cheerleaders, pep band, and goldy all take planning and preparations which also means more money.

Basically it would boil down to a pretty expensive ordeal.

It will only be worth the trouble if 20,000+ people showed up and paid for it. In order to satisfy this desire to have away-game parties i would have to suggest that the event take place somewhere a bit more modest... say Williams Arena. You could still have your tailgating... plus it wont be so dismal if it rains. Not that rain is bad, but i prefer to have a real game in front of me if i get wet. You would miss out on the huge scoreboard and decent sound system though.

For now, i really am content with the first away game being a student-only affair.

This event is being sponsored by the Office of Student Affairs. It's not athletic's marketing that's making the decisions on this one.

Top Bottom