Watching Arena Football and Wondering...

AuEGO4

Goldy is my Home Boy
Reaction score
I am sure someone on GH tracks the Gophers who are playing in the Arena Football League if there are any. Would be interested in following some teams with Gophers on them in this off season period.

Thought I heard Adam Weber just had a tryout with someone?

When I saw "Watching Arena Football and Wondering..." I was expecting "how my life turned out so wrong." So, thanks for the surprise, I guess.

When I saw "Watching Arena Football and Wondering..." I was expecting "how my life turned out so wrong." So, thanks for the surprise, I guess.
I was trying to get my 3 week old to sleep and teach him what football is not. Always teaching life lessons.

I went to an Indoor Football League game last year. It was fun, except that they piped in fake crowd noise so loud that it was painful.

I noticed that the players were from small colleges, those from FBS schools didn't seem to be interested. The IFL is at a lower level than even the AFL, but still, I'd be more inclined to go if there were some former Gophers playing. And if I brought industrial quality hearing protection.

I went to an Indoor Football League game last year. It was fun, except that they piped in fake crowd noise so loud that it was painful.

I noticed that the players were from small colleges, those from FBS schools didn't seem to be interested. The IFL is at a lower level than even the AFL, but still, I'd be more inclined to go if there were some former Gophers playing. And if I brought industrial quality hearing protection.

After you get passed the Arena Football League and get down to lower tiers of indoor football the guys make almost nothing. Even guys in the AFL have other jobs when they are not in season. I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze for most former D-1 guys at that point.

After you get passed the Arena Football League and get down to lower tiers of indoor football the guys make almost nothing. Even guys in the AFL have other jobs when they are not in season. I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze for most former D-1 guys at that point.
Maybe those who went to smaller schools felt they still had something to prove, while those who went to FBS schools didn't. I suppose even if they were inclined to play in the Indoor Football league, heading to Bemidji or Cedar Rapids might not be that appealing. Still, if they could land a couple Gophers, it would have me more inclined to watch.

Top Bottom