Watching Apopka vs Byrnes

Coolew01

Reaction score
4* recruit Zach Darlington who is committed to Nebraska, is being airlifted to a hospital. I think it is weird his dad is the coach and hasn't left the sideline to be with his son and let an assistant coach the last few minutes.

I saw the video of this and it was certainly a legal hit, and didn't look that hard. He landed out of bounds and didn't move.

[video]http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/9597381/nebraska-cornhuskers-recruit-zack-darlington-airlifted-hospital-hit[/video]

Actually, I thought the hit looked more dangerous from a shoulder perspective than a concussion. I have seen too many shoulder injuries on sideline plays where one player lets up and the clobbers him with a legal hit.

4* recruit Zach Darlington who is committed to Nebraska, is being airlifted to a hospital. I think it is weird his dad is the coach and hasn't left the sideline to be with his son and let an assistant coach the last few minutes.

His dad and mom spent the evening with him at the hospital. It was a concussion. He never lost consciousness and is a tough kid - he played in the state title game last year with a broken wrist.

Top Bottom