Watch the Girls State Basketball Tournament Online for Free This Weekend

josh087

Sharing Common Sense & Reality
Reaction score
Prep45 is continuing its exclusive coverage of the MSHSL State Tournaments this weekend with Live coverage of the Girls State Basketball Tournament. As always, you will be able watch online for FREE. Click the link below to watch. We will have games all weekend. The semifinals and finals will also be available on KSTC Channel 45, and Prep45 will stream the KSTC feed online as well. The Quarterfinals are ONLY on Prep45.

http://prep45.kstc45.com/

Wednesday features a full day of Coverage.
NOTE: Game times are subject to change depending on the length of earlier games in the day.

Wednesday, March 16th
AAAA Quarterfinals
#1 Hopkins vs. Buffalo, 10AM - Game features Hopkins' Coffee sisters, daughters of former Gopher Richard Coffey
#4 Maple Grove vs. White Bear Lake, 12PM
#2 Eden Prairie vs. Rochester Mayo, 2PM - Eden Prairie coached by former Timberwolf Chris Carr - Josh087 handling Play-By-Play duties
#3 Lakeville North vs. Anoka, 4PM - Lakeville North led by highly-touted Gopher recruit and Strib Metro Player of the Year Rachel Banham - Josh087 handling Play-By-Play duties

AA Quarterfinals
Caledonia vs. Sauk Centre, 6PM - Josh087 handling sideline interview duties
Jackson County Central vs. Minnehaha Academy, 8PM - Josh087 handling sideline interview duties

If you are a fan of any of the teams or know them well, please feel free to PM me or reply to this thread with things you think I could share on air about any of the teams or players. Any information is helpful and will hopefully add to the end product.

Thursday - Saturday we will air the KSTC Channel 45 feed on the website as well, so if you can't get to a TV to watch you can still follow all of the action online.

I rather watch that old guy with the afro, paint pictures on his canvas in the all black room on PBS

I rather watch that old guy with the afro, paint pictures on his canvas in the all black room on PBS

Sweet, thanks for letting me know not everyone is interested in watching. I'll contact the MSHSL to try to get them to cancel the tournament.

Just wondering when 45 is going broadcast in HD. Watching 45 is like watching smartbomb coverage of the Gulf War.

Great Chance to See a Future Gopher!

I follow all Gopher sports and will most certainly try to catch Banham and Lakeville play. Some services rate her as a top 20 player. Had she not committed to the Gophers early in the process, I hear she might have been ranked higher. With the Gophers falling out of sight the last two seasons, her play making skills will be something to check out over the next four years. Having moved out of state, the 45 online broadcasts will at least provide a one game glance of her game.

I am also interested in seeing Nia Coffey. It would be great to get Richard Coffey's youngest daughter in maroon and gold.

Thanks.

Just wondering when 45 is going broadcast in HD. Watching 45 is like watching smartbomb coverage of the Gulf War.

Agreed. It would have made an already classic hockey final last weekend that much better.

One of the Coffey girls has verballed already - to Marist I believe.

The top 2 juniors by gprep.net Jackie Johnson (Eden Prairie) and Tessa Cichy (Hill-Murray; undefeated in 3A) are uncommitted. Would be nice to get at least 1 of them. Cichy is ranked #1.

Thanks for the link josh087!

I noticed this link will also work next week for the Boys State Basketball Tournament, correct?

I noticed this link will also work next week for the Boys State Basketball Tournament, correct?

Yes, 45.grandstadium.tv will be streaming all the games from The Barn and Target Center.

However, you'll have to listen to Dave Lee do play-by-play on the semifinals and finals. Ugh.

Here's a tip: if you see a topic which has a title indicating that it won't interest you, you don't have to read it! With this amazing new technique of not even clicking on the link, you can avoid taking the time to read it and avoid taking the time to respond. And if you don't respond to tell how uninterested you are, the post will scroll off the page that much faster.

It will, and we will have similar coverage for the boys tournament as well - I will be posting more on the boys tournament early next week with the upcoming matchups and players to keep an eye on.

It is a busy but fun time of year!

The top 2 juniors by gprep.net Jackie Johnson (Eden Prairie) and Tessa Cichy (Hill-Murray; undefeated in 3A) are uncommitted. Would be nice to get at least 1 of them. Cichy is ranked #1.

The Eldest Coffee, Sydney, is going to Marist next year. Nia Coffey is only a sophomore and - with no disrespect to Sydney - will probably end up being the better player. It sounds like she is on the Gophers' radar. I was working the Hopkins tournament earlier in the year and Pam Borton was there watching both play. Jackie Johnson was also at that tourney - she has a great mid-range game and is solid defensively.

Dang! im actually going to be busy watching paint dry! Sucks I have to miss it.

Dang! im actually going to be busy watching paint dry! Sucks I have to miss it.

Wow, so unnecessary....

I don't see anything for today's games, only tomorrow's stuff, unless I'm missing something.

Knuckleheads!!

Badmouthing the girls tourney. You can bet:
A. They don't have daughters
B. They never played the game above driveway hoops
C. They've had variety of bad relationships with women
D. They view women only sexually
E. Check the title

Tessa Cichy's dad played football at Notre Dame and mom played volleyball (if my memory is correct) at Marquette but I haven't heard who she is considering

I tried to VIEW the games on prep 45 online --- but no luck for me. Perhaps technologically challenged!

I tried to VIEW the games on prep 45 online --- but no luck for me. Perhaps technologically challenged!

I tried to view them too, but I don't think they are being broadcasted / streamed until tomorrow.

I'm not badmouthing Girl's High School Basketball at all. I just question where in the category of Minnesota Gopher Basketball or Tubby's Barn Basketball Forum a topic about a bunch of high school girls would be pertinent or even belong.

I'm not badmouthing Girl's High School Basketball at all. I just question where in the category of Minnesota Gopher Basketball or Tubby's Barn Basketball Forum a topic about a bunch of high school girls would be pertinent or even belong.

There is at least one person playing in the tournament who will be playing for the Gophers. Calling it Tubby's forum is cutesy but the board has always been for men's and women's hoops.

Sorry guys - we had some technical difficulties with our feed today and weren't able to go live. Appreciate the support.

The Channel 45 Games tomorrow should be available for streaming tomorrow if you aren't able to watch them on TV.

I was really impressed by Banham today - 25 pts, several steals, some assists mixed in. Better defensive player from when I saw her a year ago. Played like a true point guard and didn't force anything. Highly rated player that truly wanted to stay at home and rebuild the program back to the level it was at 6-7 years ago when she remembers proudly watching Lindsay Whalen at the Barn. Really excited to see her in Maroon & Gold.

Even though they got blown out, it was fun to see Anoka battle Lakeville North, completing a journey unprecedented in MN Basketball history on either the boys or girls side. For those that don't know, Anoka only beat one team during the entire regular season and entered the playoffs at 2-24. They then won 4 games in 10 days to get to state, and 3 of those wins came against teams that beat them by an average of more than 20 ppg in the regular season.

Got a chance to interview Eden Prairie head coach Chris Carr at halftime of the Lakeville North game. Nice to chat with him and talk about him making his home here in MN. Gave all the credit to the girls on the team and was very down to earth and seemed proud to be coaching girls even though a lot of people may not have expected it. Having a former NBA player as a head coach is a good thing for MN girls basketball IMO. Took about 5 minutes of time to talk with us too, very generous.

Badmouthing the girls tourney. You can bet:
A. They don't have daughters
B. They never played the game above driveway hoops
C. They've had variety of bad relationships with women
D. They view women only sexually
E. Check the title

Did you ever think maybe some people just find it incredibly boring? Not everyone who is disinterested in women's basketweaving (or basketball) is a sexist, unathletic loser who has bad relationships. Get off your high horse.

Top Bottom