Watch Jerry Kill Press Conference Noon on Wednesday

He's really fired up about punting the football LOL. He's right though, it was pretty much brutal.

Weird, he's still on, not sure why it wouldn't work. I can try to post a little something when it's done. It's nothing too earthshattering or new. He did just mention on the academics, that he's not specifically just holding guys out of spring ball, cause he wants to learn if they can handle the grind of football AND school, and the only way to find that out is to put them out there. But he won't be shy about holding someone out if they have work to get done for a practice or two.

Kill: MarQueis is not guaranteed anything, nor is anyone, everything is wide open. If he wins the job, then credit the QB coach (can't recall the name), cause it's hard to learn the QB spot in a year. It would have been better if he had been playing QB all along rather than receiver.

Again he is stressing getting a pass rusher as a huge goal. Might even take an LB and use him as a pass rusher if necessary. Wants to play an aggressive defense, so he needs a pass rusher to do that.

Kim Royston has a green light to participate in Spring practice fully. Great news!

Wouldn't be hard to move on from vets who may miss spring practice. Wants players he can trust when fall roles around. It's a team, not about individuals.

He's not about trying to find any shortcuts to success, may take steps back before steps forward. Says he could get fired doing that, but hey, he'll go down his way.

It's over now. So in addition to some of the stuff I added above, earlier he just talked more on the "Minnesota way" that he wants to establish. Being a team that "finishes" (sound familiar?) every play. An example he gave talked about blocking a punt, and how falling on the ball isn't finishing that play, but actually scoping and scoring the ball is finishing.

He kicked it off with a little joke on how it's apparently winter ball, not spring ball and how they're gonna go out and shovel off the field and see who the tough guys are.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, I'm sure there will be recaps by different outlets though. He just seemed really fired up and eager to get started on actual football, instead of just conditioning work.

Again he is stressing getting a pass rusher as a huge goal. Might even take an LB and use him as a pass rusher if necessary. Wants to play an aggressive defense, so he needs a pass rusher to do that.

I have been hoping that someone would do this for years!! It can't hurt to try it.

He's really fired up about punting the football LOL. He's right though, it was pretty much brutal.

Many underestimate the difference a consistently good punting unit can make (and subsequently a consistently bad one as well).

I have been hoping that someone would do this for years!! It can't hurt to try it.

I like Beal in this role. At 250lbs he the fastest backer on the team and is big enough to be effective. Wisconsin's Obrien Schofield was on the bench as a TE and a little used LB until he was used in this fashion.:cool02:

Top Bottom