Washington Ave ramp parking..

Formo

Sections 109 and 114
Reaction score
So, we have season passes to the Fairgrounds parking lot, but as you all know it was closed for this weeks game, so TheU comped all season pass holders a parking pass to the Washington Ave ramp instead (for this game only). I actually enjoyed parking there better than the fairgrounds lot, if only because it's more walking (need to keep active!) and we don't set up any tailgates of our own. It just makes more sense to walk through campus, stop and eat at any of the awesome grub joints in Stadium Village/Dinkytown and then make our way to TheBank.

My question is, does anyone here have season ticket passes in the Washington Ave ramp? Or was that just for this game only available?

They used to do a park and ride from the 21st ave ramp, not sure if they still do. No parking pass and $10 to park.

I have a Washington Avenue Ramp pass or the season. I have had on every year since TCF opened. I like the relative closeness to all the eating places and to the stadium. Not a bad place.

I also have one. With the move of the fair grounds parking we ended up on the top level, and we got there at 4:50 pm. I'm sure it was the combination of a work day and the state fair parking. Yep, I like the location for the reasons mentioned.

I also have one. With the move of the fair grounds parking we ended up on the top level, and we got there at 4:50 pm. I'm sure it was the combination of a work day and the state fair parking. Yep, I like the location for the reasons mentioned.

Ahh. Like I said, we had to use it vs. our normal fairgrounds parking. But we got there between 230-3 and had PLENTY of options to park. I'm sure it was the fairground parking folks like myself that helped fill it up.

I have a Washington Avenue Ramp pass or the season. I have had on every year since TCF opened. I like the relative closeness to all the eating places and to the stadium. Not a bad place.

Yeah, nice. I agree.

I told my uncle about it, and then looked it up. Looks like it is $35 more a year for Washington Ave ramp vs. Fairgrounds. My uncle will be calling the ticket office on Tuesday to see if there were any chances to move to the ramp this year or if we have to wait. If we have to wait, we'll probably still park there and just give our parking pass to the other guy we have tickets with.

I'm a Fairgrounds guy and the Washington Ave ramp worked out great for us. So much for carmaggedon. Looking forward to opening every season at home on Thursday night during the Fair.

Go Gophers!

I've had a season parking pass for the Washington Avenue Ramp since football returned to campus. During 2009 and 2010, it was season pass only. I forget about 2011, but you could definitely park there on a per game basis in 2012 and you could last night as well. The decline in the season ticket base and resulting lack of demand for season passes for the ramp led to the change. Getting out afterwards, if you don't stop somewhere for a drink, can occasionally be a chore due to traffic delays at the intersection where Harvard meets the East River Road with spill over from the fork/T where the East River Road and Fulton meet up. There badly need to be traffic cops at those intersections to control the flow, but there aren't. That said, if you give the ramp a while to empty after the game, the traffic dies off and it makes for an underrated on campus parking option. Sally's outdoor area was great for a drink and monitoring the traffic. Too bad it's gone.

Top Bottom