Was Texas underseated?

Reaction score
I can't help but wish we'd have been playing clemson or cal after watching those too schools play. Texas had some pretty solid wins. It was a really tough draw.

Texas' problem all season was inconsistency. That means a lower seed than their talent suggests. Unluckily for us, they were 'on' tonight.

I can't help but wish we'd have been playing clemson or cal after watching those too schools play. Texas had some pretty solid wins. It was a really tough draw.

Yes, I thought as soon as we got the 7/10 draw against Texas that Texas was very lowly seeded for their ability. They had some inconsistency this year, and probably underachieved by a lot. I'd suggest that their true ability, as evidenced by their play today, was more of a 3/4 seed than a 7. Tonight we ran into a buzzsaw named Abrams.

Congrats to SonOfMoonlight, tonight's winner of sloppiest post of the night!

Texas was down this year guys they whernt as good as they usually are.

AJ has been the key all year. When he's on, our chances of winning are pretty good. We were fortunate that he went on that nice run.

Even with this loss, Minnesota still has a lot to be proud of about this season. Things are looking up for Gopher Basketball. Good luck to the Golden Gophers in the future.

I think it was about right. Abrahms doesn't go crazy it's a lot closer than it was. And between seven and ten there are at least 8 schools. if anything we maybe should have been a little lower.

While I don't necessarily agree with Pat Knight in saying they are a Final 4 team, Texas is a very good basketball team. There is a reason that some columnists had them as pre-season picks in the Final 4.

They looked like they were on another level physically for most of the night.

Texas has gotten better because Pittman has played more and more minutes as the season progressed. He played 30 minutes for the frist times int eh Big 12 tourney. When I saw Nebraska beat Texas earlier this year, Pittman played only 13 minutes, partly because of stamina and partly because of foul trouble.

Texas wasn't in the top 25 the second half of the season. They ended the season with an RPI in the mid 30s. As such, one could argue a 7 seed was high.

The Big 12 was very very underrated this year. We only had 6 teams invited, but I gaurantee you that both K-State and Baylor were good enough to play in the tourney. The Big 12 is 3-0 so far in the NCAA tournament and 2-1 in the NIT tournament. Kansas and Mizzou should both win today (Friday) and Okie State has a great chance as well. The Big 12 may send all 6 teams into the Round of 32... which says something about our conference.

Texas was very good last night. Good luck to them !

Classy posts by the Texas fans. Thanks guys. :)

underseeded no, more talented than the other 7 seeds this year yes. just the way the draw goes.

Top Bottom