Was Saturday Dawson Garcia's best game as a Gopher?

Best half unfortunately a couple ticky tac fouls limited him in the second half.

He is not a perfect player, but he has really gotten better throughout the year in playing grittier.

I think he would be a really effective 4 if he was playing next to a natural 5 (Payne) and an actual experienced wing at SF (we don't really have one on the roster).

He is not a perfect player, but he has really gotten better throughout the year in playing grittier.

I think he would be a really effective 4 if he was playing next to a natural 5 (Payne) and an actual experienced wing at SF (we don't really have one on the roster).
I agree. His defense and rebounding have really improved. Too bad Ben would never have Battle come off the bench as a scoring 6th man. Payne at the 5, Garcia at the 4, and ola Joseph at the 3 would be great on the boards and defensively. You would take a hit on shooting is all.

I agree. His defense and rebounding have really improved. Too bad Ben would never have Battle come off the bench as a scoring 6th man. Payne at the 5, Garcia at the 4, and ola Joseph at the 3 would be great on the boards and defensively. You would take a hit on shooting is all.
JOJ doesn't rebound the basketball.

Garcia has established himself as our best player. he was fun to watch in that first half and those dang border line fouls cost him an even better game

He gets more per 40 minutes than Battle, for example, but I agree he can get a lot better at it.
comparing anyone with battle when it comes to rebounding is like comparing anyone to payne when it comes to free throw shooting. 😜

we shouldnt use the floor as a base measuring point!

i was honestly shocked to see on paper how few rebounds Battle has had this season.

Garcia has really stepped up his game. Glad to see him succeed and lead this team!
Has been best offensive player all year but definitely feels like he has found something recently and is really stepping up to be the leader the team needs.

Has been best offensive player all year but definitely feels like he has found something recently and is really stepping up to be the leader the team needs.

At the beginning of the year....Garcia was getting pushed right underneath the hoop. These last few games....he's been stonewalling bigger guys. No doubt that going against Payne in practice is helping that....and is probably a focus of Coach Johnson with Garcia.

This team should keep improving.

At the beginning of the year....Garcia was getting pushed right underneath the hoop. These last few games....he's been stonewalling bigger guys. No doubt that going against Payne in practice is helping that....and is probably a focus of Coach Johnson with Garcia.

This team should keep improving.
Even though they came up short against Wisconsin and Nebraska you can feel this team coming together.

Last year I think we were all a little caught off guard on how quick that group figured out how to play together. Has taken the current group longer to find their footing but these last few games have felt different.

Garcia starting to take charge more has been a big part of that.

Top Bottom