Was it necessary to hire a search firm if indeed the new coach is Chryst or Kill?

GoGophers2005

Reaction score
Total waste of $$ if you ask me. I would understand the need for one if it got us Harbaugh or Petersen. Heck Chryst is buddies with Maturi, wouldn't he just have to call him up or send an email asking if he wants the job?

It's the same search firm that got us Brew too isn't it?

But how else would he have scored an interview with that hot candidate, UFL coach Jeff Jagodinski?

It's the same search firm that does most of the high profile college coaching searches.

If it's Chryst or Kill, regardless of how good they are, this process was (surprise) run horribly. You don't blather on for weeks about stepping up, paying top dollar, getting a 'Tubby' type hire, etc, only to go out and get one of the most boring candidates out there. I hate to say it, but they needed someone with a little juice after the hyping they were doing. These guys may be fine coaches, but they'll be at a distinct disadvantage with the fans because of how Maturi handled the search publicly, if hired. Even someone with similar qualifications but a little more 'name' recognition, like Golden, would be much better than either of these relative unknowns.

All they do is find potential candidates and figure out if they are interested or not.

Total waste of $$ if you ask me. I would understand the need for one if it got us Harbaugh or Petersen. Heck Chryst is buddies with Maturi, wouldn't he just have to call him up or send an email asking if he wants the job?

oh for f***s sake...

Yes, it was. The big name hires everyone wanted had to be contacted via back channels. Thats what a search firm is for. Not getting the bigger names doesn't change the purpose or necessity of a search firm.

Top Bottom