Wandering no more.

Schnoodler

Ice Cream Abuser
Reaction score
They began a band of survivors
Bloodied, and routed in the shadows of the Dome.
Heads low and swords dragging in their solitude,
Held high where they might be known

And as they traveled,
Surviving skirmish after skirmish,
Often only through retreat,
They grew stronger.

As the years passed,
Some stayed,
Some moved on.
But always, faster, stronger, hungrier replaced those that left.

And in the wandering they found a haven,
Brilliant and their own.
And they named it TCF stadium.
And it made them proud,
And it gave them strength,
And it made them hungry, and they found a vision.
A great vision.

And yet they were known only for their retreat,
And their defeat.
And thus they kept the secret.

But they knew,
They were bigger,
They were faster,
They were stronger,
And they were hungry.

And they were Gophers

No longer merely survivors,
They were warriors
Proud Gophers,
Lords of the great TCF stadium.
Wandering no more.

And this time as they marched,
No longer wandering, but with purposeful direction,
Their swords no longer dragging in the dirt,
but gleaming under boastful polish
They were focused,
they were hungry,
they were consumed.
They no longer sought to survive,
But thirsted for glory,
great glory.

And now, standing over Blue Raider country
Preparing for battle.
A new history opens it’s first page.
A new story begins.
This is how legends are made.

Very Nice!!! Thanks for getting me even more pumped for tonight!!!

Go Gophers!!!!:party:

Some H.P. Lovecraft paraphrases.

From Rats in the Walls (or Gophers in the Stadium)

They must know it was the Gophers; the slithering, scurrying Gophers whose scampering will never let me sleep; the daemon Gophers that race behind the padding in this room and beckon me down to greater horrors than I have ever known; the Gophers they can never Gophers; the Gophers, the Gophers in the Stadium.

I dreamed that I was in the grasp of a great and horrible paw; a yellow, hairy, five-clawed paw which had reached out of the earth to crush and engulf me.

Here Lovecraft describes the Blue Raider's gameday experience:

I recall that the people went about with pale and worried faces, and whispered warnings and prophecies which no one dared consciously repeat or acknowledge to himself that he had heard. A sense of monstrous guilt was upon the land, and out of the abysses between the stars swept chill currents that made men shiver in dark and lonely places.

What his fate would be, he did not know; but he felt that he was held for the coming of that frightful soul and messenger of infinity's Other Gods, the crawling chaos Goldy Gopher.

A paraphrase from the Necronomicon:

Goldy Gopher knows the gate. Goldy Gopher is the gate. Goldy Gopher is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Goldy Gopher. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.

Dani California BY RHCP
Never made it up to Minnesota
North Dakota man was a gunnin' for the quota

Down in the badlands she was savin' the best for last
It only hurts when I laugh
Gone too fast..

Some H.P. Lovecraft paraphrases.

From Rats in the Walls (or Gophers in the Stadium)

They must know it was the Gophers; the slithering, scurrying Gophers whose scampering will never let me sleep; the daemon Gophers that race behind the padding in this room and beckon me down to greater horrors than I have ever known; the Gophers they can never Gophers; the Gophers, the Gophers in the Stadium.

I dreamed that I was in the grasp of a great and horrible paw; a yellow, hairy, five-clawed paw which had reached out of the earth to crush and engulf me.

Here Lovecraft describes the Blue Raider's gameday experience:

I recall that the people went about with pale and worried faces, and whispered warnings and prophecies which no one dared consciously repeat or acknowledge to himself that he had heard. A sense of monstrous guilt was upon the land, and out of the abysses between the stars swept chill currents that made men shiver in dark and lonely places.

What his fate would be, he did not know; but he felt that he was held for the coming of that frightful soul and messenger of infinity's Other Gods, the crawling chaos Goldy Gopher.

A paraphrase from the Necronomicon:

Goldy Gopher knows the gate. Goldy Gopher is the gate. Goldy Gopher is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Goldy Gopher. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.

Schnoodler and Rodent
:clap: :clap::clap:
(Thunderous Applause)

Top Bottom