Wally to focus on track, per Fuller

What was your favorite Wally Ellenson moment?

Watching him play hackey-sack with a ball during warm-ups while the rest of his teammates you know, actually warmed up.

Even though we all saw this coming, I think the timing is interesting and more telling of what's to come in the near future in terms of recruits. However, maybe that's the ever overly-optimistic Gopher in me :rolleyes:

He's still a Gopher, and I hope he brings us continued success in our Track & Field program. Wish him all the success in the world. SKI U MAH

With the Spring signing period just around the corner, I'm curious if the Gophers needed to have this scholarship open now to sign two players? Or could they have gone ahead and signed two players and worked out the scholarship situation over the summer? Seems like this probably had more to do with Wally's track aspirations than anything, but in general....what is the policy?

With the Spring signing period just around the corner, I'm curious if the Gophers needed to have this scholarship open now to sign two players? Or could they have gone ahead and signed two players and worked out the scholarship situation over the summer? Seems like this probably had more to do with Wally's track aspirations than anything, but in general....what is the policy?

Kentucky habitually signs more than they have available. Otherwise it would be impossible to fill in for those that leave early. Could you imagine Kentucky having to only sign spring recruits each year?!?!

Kentucky habitually signs more than they have available. Otherwise it would be impossible to fill in for those that leave early. Could you imagine Kentucky having to only sign spring recruits each year?!?!

I assumed that was the case, but admittedly I've never followed the recruitment side of college basketball as closely as I have this year. Truthfully, I wasn't sure if the spring signing period or the period where underclassmen declare for the draft occurred first. I also assumed the coaches have a pretty good idea how many are coming back and how many aren't (obviously). I guess it would be no different than taking the spot of somebody that is graduating. Sorry to waste everybody's time!

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/search.php?searchid=755106 - If this is Wally's mom, which is extramly likely... good riddance.

Wow the MVP took 13 shots and they are the point guard. Notice gold still lost, can't do it by yourself. Look like he tried.

Gold team dribble dribble jack......dribble dribble prayer...dribble dribble dribble dribble! Unimpressed.

The boys Pitino brought in have clearly gotten more opportunities than they deserve, and are touching the ball way too much. They are not Big Ten athletes and it is obvious during the scrimmage. Andre needs to run point. I don't even know if I can watch once the Big Ten begins. Just like a car crash I have to look away.

Yes not a big deal...he is one of two males that get to represent the United States of America in the high jump. I am assuming SJUgopher must be a world champion, it's not a big deal, but I am sure...

Yes Why would Henry choose Minnesota? His brother sits on the bench while starters go 0-10. Most people could walk out of the stands and have better luck scoring right now!

We need a 2nd point guard, someone who can run the floor, and get people open. Mav and Julian are not the answer. 2nd group did ok and starters came back with energy. The 2nd group could not score, because Mav was running a circus out there. Elliot and Wally deserve more time. Can anyone imagine get 2 minutes to prove yourself at work with no 2nd chance like Wally. Elliot and Wally brought energy play them let them get into the groove especially when other guys shots are not dropping.

Great for Tubby, Great for the Gophers, coaches wasted Wally's freshman year.

Well I guess we know where Hank's comments came from. Direct reflection of his parents influence, if my son or brother doesn't play, I'm not supporting the team. Pathetic.

Wish we would have known this earlier...

Who knew? I sure didn't. Evidently Wally's Mom's best friend is a really hot witch and when Wally left the team (he was our best player according to her) she put a curse on us. My informant told me that he saw Wally let her in the Barn a couple of days ago and she cursed the three point line.

I overheard a student in the student section in front of me today say that he knows Wally. Wally wanted to jump in the big ten indoor championships in a few weekends. It conflicted with the Michigan game. Pitino said that it's either basketball or track. Wally said okay and walked out and never came back.

The days of playing two sports at this level, and having full commitment to both, is over. I have a feeling Tubby was more receptive to Wally playing both than Pitino is/was.

What you guys are saying about Wally during pregames is eerily similar to what I see from his brother up here at BSU. Dude just goofs off the whole time. Then he sits on the bench closest to the coach, outside of the two spots where the two guys on the bench that regularly play sit, and every time coach turns around he starts to stand up like he's going in. Then again, I probably don't like him because he called everyone who plays basketball at the rec "peasants".

What you guys are saying about Wally during pregames is eerily similar to what I see from his brother up here at BSU. Dude just goofs off the whole time. Then he sits on the bench closest to the coach, outside of the two spots where the two guys on the bench that regularly play sit, and every time coach turns around he starts to stand up like he's going in. Then again, I probably don't like him because he called everyone who plays basketball at the rec "peasants".

First post in a long time. Good to hear from ya.

How are Paul and Babe doing?

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/search.php?searchid=755106 - If this is Wally's mom, which is extramly likely... good riddance.

Wow the MVP took 13 shots and they are the point guard. Notice gold still lost, can't do it by yourself. Look like he tried.

Gold team dribble dribble jack......dribble dribble prayer...dribble dribble dribble dribble! Unimpressed.

The boys Pitino brought in have clearly gotten more opportunities than they deserve, and are touching the ball way too much. They are not Big Ten athletes and it is obvious during the scrimmage. Andre needs to run point. I don't even know if I can watch once the Big Ten begins. Just like a car crash I have to look away.

Yes not a big deal...he is one of two males that get to represent the United States of America in the high jump. I am assuming SJUgopher must be a world champion, it's not a big deal, but I am sure...

Yes Why would Henry choose Minnesota? His brother sits on the bench while starters go 0-10. Most people could walk out of the stands and have better luck scoring right now!

We need a 2nd point guard, someone who can run the floor, and get people open. Mav and Julian are not the answer. 2nd group did ok and starters came back with energy. The 2nd group could not score, because Mav was running a circus out there. Elliot and Wally deserve more time. Can anyone imagine get 2 minutes to prove yourself at work with no 2nd chance like Wally. Elliot and Wally brought energy play them let them get into the groove especially when other guys shots are not dropping.

Great for Tubby, Great for the Gophers, coaches wasted Wally's freshman year.

Thought these quotes were worthy of a bump to page 6...

And welcome back zambam

Top Bottom