Wall rips Calipari

Yeah, this is almost similar to the Royce situation. Almost.

Seriously D*oucheboy,

Go back to the Kentucky boards.

Who cares.

Cal is a slickster, but he knows what he's doing as a basketball coach. He knows how to motivate his players. He's a proven commodity, albeit a slippery one.

Just like Royce, Wall needs to shut up and remember that he is a player, not the coach. College basketball isn't the NBA, where the players rule the roost. The coaches have all the power in big-time college hoops. They call the shots, not the players.

you are correct.. its worse: " I just try not to listen to him " - J. Wall
If this happened ten more times it might be similar to White. One immature statement from a 19 year old kid isn't anything to get worked up over.

I don't know that I would classify it as a "ripping"

Wall voiced his opinion after being frustrated by the loss.
Also of note is that Wall has said that he, himself has not
been happy with his own play as of late.
All players get upset with their coaches and others of authority that
they have to listen to when they are 19 years old.
Pretty much a non story

Cal is a slickster, but he knows what he's doing as a basketball coach. He knows how to motivate his players. He's a proven commodity, albeit a slippery one.

Just like Royce, Wall needs to shut up and remember that he is a player, not the coach. College basketball isn't the NBA, where the players rule the roost. The coaches have all the power in big-time college hoops. They call the shots, not the players.

Totally wrong. If Cal is commodity, why did he leave NBA. He runs his teams like the NBA teams. He gives complete control to the players. That's how he recruits them by promising that. Then again a few years later $hit hits the fan and all the wins get taken away. What a shame!

Wall is going to be the first to declare for the NBA prior to the trading deadline. There will be a special draft and he will be on the Lakers by March 1st. He will attend as many classes in the upcoming scenario as he does now, so there will be no problem.

I see that context is lost on people. You have a 19 year old kid who has had greatness and an intense spotlight thrust upon him. His mother is sick, everybody says he's going to be the number 1 pick in the draft and the "savior" of a franchise, talk of National Player of the Year, SI covers, comparisons to Jason Kidd and he's on arguably the biggest stage in CBB trying to win a national championship. He's struggling with his play and his role in an offense that's dramatically different than the one he thought he'd be playing in because of the emergence of Cousins. All that and he has to just deal with the normal college student stuff.

Now, how does a kid deal with all that and criticism from his coach about not playing very well? He's going to do what most of us did at that age: tune it out and just play. Of course the media wants to blow that up to "OMG! HE"S NOT LISTENING TO HIS COACH AND HE"S DOING WHATEVER HE WANTS!!!" They did the same thing with Tyshawn Taylor's comments on his Facebook page. These are kids, not robots.

I see that context is lost on people. You have a 19 year old kid who has had greatness and an intense spotlight thrust upon him. His mother is sick, everybody says he's going to be the number 1 pick in the draft and the "savior" of a franchise, talk of National Player of the Year, SI covers, comparisons to Jason Kidd and he's on arguably the biggest stage in CBB trying to win a national championship. He's struggling with his play and his role in an offense that's dramatically different than the one he thought he'd be playing in because of the emergence of Cousins. All that and he has to just deal with the normal college student stuff.

Now, how does a kid deal with all that and criticism from his coach about not playing very well? He's going to do what most of us did at that age: tune it out and just play. Of course the media wants to blow that up to "OMG! HE"S NOT LISTENING TO HIS COACH AND HE"S DOING WHATEVER HE WANTS!!!" They did the same thing with Tyshawn Taylor's comments on his Facebook page. These are kids, not robots.

May I add
Anyone who has watched Wall the last few games can see he is as
frustrated with himself as he is with anyone.
These things happen to kids this age.
Compared to some schools problems with players this story is a joke.
The media trying to make a story when there isn't one.

May I add
Anyone who has watched Wall the last few games can see he is as
frustrated with himself as he is with anyone.
These things happen to kids this age.
Compared to some schools problems with players this story is a joke.
The media trying to make a story when there isn't one.

May I add:

What Wall said is the ultimate insult to a coach.. i.e "this guy is a moron so we dont listen"...

so we give JW a pass, but crucify RW???

You had nme until you threw in the normal college student stuff. Take out the student part and you may be right. If you think he will step into a classroom after the NCAA tournament, you live in fantasy land.

I don't blame him , he is just playing the system, but let's all not feel sorry for John Wall. He knew what he was getting into when he went to Kentucky.

May I add:

What Wall said is the ultimate insult to a coach.. i.e "this guy is a moron so we dont listen"...

so we give JW a pass, but crucify RW???

Have you ever commented on this board on a topic NOT pertaining to Royce White? It must be hard to type on a keyboard when you are that far up Royce's a$$.

Have you ever commented on this board on a topic NOT pertaining to Royce White? It must be hard to type on a keyboard when you are that far up Royce's a$$

Kentucky troll. In the middle of everything going on yesterday he feels it's somehow relevant to the situation to post something about Wall and Calipari? Yeah right.

Kentucky troll. In the middle of everything going on yesterday he feels it's somehow relevant to the situation to post something about Wall and Calipari? Yeah right.

'everything going on'??? how small is your world?

Top Bottom