Walker's Role

Walker and his weight is a "big" issue. If you arent' an athlete and you are 40lbs overweight that is huge. If he had Pittman, Tractor, type athleticsm it would be one thing. He is skilled for sure. But his defense will always suffer unless he can get under 270, maybe even then. Tubby loves man to man. He played 2-3 when he was "forced" to play the twin towers. By forced I mean his lack of trust in certain youngsters, his belief in the high low, transfers, injuries. I like Walker and he's a fan favorite, but if he doesnt lose weight I really wouldn't miss him. He can't play major minutes at 300 lbs.

I wouldn't rule EE out next year. His overall hustle and constant movement on the offensive end combined with his willingness to just fill a role help our offense out. It creates lanes for our guards to exploit without a big guy to clog things up. EE will also presumably have 2 years of experience playing with Hollins, Hollins, Coleman and have developed quite the repertoire. So while he might not be a great scoring option he does mesh well with our 3 guards.

Top Bottom