Wake-up call

46Gophers

Reaction score
As extremely painful as the BG loss was, was it the wake-up call this team needed? On paper that should have been a blowout win and we played like all we had to do was show up. Things changed dramatically after that game in terms of the team's attitude and focused effort. Hopefully that attitude and effort continue through the rest of the season.

Gophers looked good the week before. It was the one game this year I had to miss completely. I think part of it was BG had smaller quicker front 7 and a creative defense?
it matters in terms of the team not being ranked (that will change tomorrow I’m guessing), but otherwise it’s not a big deal.

That’s probably why Mason’s teams fizzled out in Big Ten play. They did too well against the weak non-conference teams, so they never had a wake up call! Imagine how good Mason’s teams would have been in conference play if they just lost to a cupcake every year!

As extremely painful as the BG loss was, was it the wake-up call this team needed? On paper that should have been a blowout win and we played like all we had to do was show up. Things changed dramatically after that game in terms of the team's attitude and focused effort. Hopefully that attitude and effort continue through the rest of the season.
This prescient poster who started The Official B10 Western Champs thread wholeheartedly agrees with you.

We win today and keep going straight through to Indy.

Bowling Greene 🥰. Needed loss for the program - u can’t play a flawless game one week and not be laser focused the next. All that needs to be said is 🎳 Greene for focus hereafter. “You wanna run with the Big 🐕, you need to learn to pee in the tall grass.” - curtesy of my Iron Range Grandpappy - good enough for him, works for me!

Go Gophers All The Way To Indy!!!’

Maybe it was a wakeup call to Sanford that he was going to get his ass canned. I hope so.

I actually like the position we are in now more than 2019. We have been exposed already (that didn't happen until the 2nd half against Wisconsin in '19) and I think we are very clear on our rivals and their weaknesses. It's time to make this shit happen these next 4 games. Let's exorcise those demons and go to Indy.

I actually like the position we are in now more than 2019. We have been exposed already (that didn't happen until the 2nd half against Wisconsin in '19) and I think we are very clear on our rivals and their weaknesses. It's time to make this shit happen these next 4 games. Let's exorcise those demons and go to Indy.
Most every team derps it at sometime.

And when we go 3 out of 4, playing a very tough, competitive game, but ultimately a loss in Iowa City -- because it's just a damn tough place to play, that has taken its fair shared of ranked victims -- I will have been vindicated for choosing Wisc over Iowa, and thus still allowing us to go to Indy. :)

PJ will not replay the 2019 IA game. I expect a MN win in the bag by the 4th quarter.

And when we go 3 out of 4, playing a very tough, competitive game, but ultimately a loss in Iowa City -- because it's just a damn tough place to play, that has taken its fair shared of ranked victims -- I will have been vindicated for choosing Wisc over Iowa, and thus still allowing us to go to Indy. :)
Save your gloom! We are taking Floyd and leaving the Hawkeyes stunned!

Gophs got exposed a lot in the nonconference games in 2019...they just managed to find a way to win all of those games.

Top Bottom