Voltz to Wisconsin

Menial success is shooting for the Insight Bowl and celebrating going to it when you need to beat a FCS school to get there. No success for 50 years for Football and makes us relevant? Give me a break.

5 of the last 7 years playing in a New Years Bowl game. 3 BCS games, on par with Notre Dame and Alabama, ahead of Auburn, Penn St, and Nebraska.

12 straight NCAA Basketball tournaments, final 4 appearance. Coach with the best winning percentage in the history of the Big Ten.

2 Hockey Title game appearances in last 5 years, 1 title. 6 overall, 1 more than the Gophers

Get it through your thick skulls. YOU ARE NOT A HELMET SCHOOL! You have good programs in both right now, congrats. But you aren't, and never will be, a helmet school. Now get the hell off this board you troll.

Yeah, what about it? Menial success in the sports anyone cares about? Zero national titles in school history and one conference championship (L in the Rose Bowl) in 11 years makes Wisconsin a helmet school now? Give me a f'ing break.

Personally I don't worry about helmet schools, recruiting rankings or anything else except winning football games, but that is just me. It is fun watching the fans on this board trip on themselves to put down our program. That is why this board is so entertaining.

Nice 11 year time span you used. Did you use 11 because 13 would not have helped your argument as much. So predicable. You are by far my favorite poster on this board for just that reason.

The Badgers do not have a football national championship, you are correct. I applaud the Gophers for their run in the 30's and 40's. It is too bad it has not translated to anything in the last half century. Having that standard to judge the merits of a team and season is a tough one to live up to. Given that is your standard for success, it must be even more frustrating to have watched Golden Gophers football for the last 50 years. You should lower the expectations a bit. It makes the game much more enjoyable.

The Badgers do have a national championship in basketball and it isn't even one that was voted on by a bunch of sportswriters. I guess in your eyes, that would make the rift between the Badgers and Gophers basketball programs even bigger then it already is.

Sadly, I have to agree. It's not a commitment where he panicked due to his other offers drying up. He chose Sconny over Bama, Auburn, MIchigan, Nebraska, ND, etc. and stated that he wanted to be closer to home and from his top 8 list that essentially meant giving The Madtown Playboy his verbal.

Nice get for the BADgers.

Only positive way to spin this hopefully they only wanted one OT in this class and are out for Pirsig.

He was recruited as a guard. Definitely taking 2 or 3 tackles. Pirsig is certainly a high priority and it will be fun to follow his recruitment.

My high school has 7 state championships and 4 runner-up finishes in the past 30 years. Someone please acknowledge and validate these athletic accomplishments that I had little or nothing to do with. Please? Please?

Entertainment is subjective. You find it entertaining that people on this board don't care to praise accolades on Wisconsin. I find your presence here, which appears to be only to revel in the athletic accomplishments of others, quite comical.

I never said they were a helmet school (whatever that is), but all this hostility stemming from envy and jealousy by Gopher fans is pathetic.

I agree, I have to admit I get tired of some of bashing on this board. Especially the Gopher fans that keep invoking in my mind the picture of some little dork getting his a$$ completely kicked by the bigger, stronger kid, waits for the kid to lose interest in knocking his teeth out and walks away, so the little dork can jump up and say just out of earshot, "yeah, you BETTER run!" It really does look pathetic guys.

I agree, I have to admit I get tired of some of bashing on this board. Especially the Gopher fans that keep invoking in my mind the picture of some little dork getting his a$$ completely kicked by the bigger, stronger kid, waits for the kid to lose interest in knocking his teeth out and walks away, so the little dork can jump up and say just out of earshot, "yeah, you BETTER run!" It really does look pathetic guys.

That is until the little dork (wisconsin), comes into my house to make a ruckus. Then you can be damned well sure that I'll be first in line to kick his teeth in.

Nice 11 year time span you used. Did you use 11 because 13 would not have helped your argument as much. So predicable. You are by far my favorite poster on this board for just that reason.

I didn't use any timespan. I stated a fact. Wisconsin went 11 years between conference championships. This is further evidence that they are not a helmet school. Fans, administration, boosters, etc. of a real helmet school wouldn't stand for an 11-year span between titles (nor a 7-6 record in the coach's 3rd year, for that matter). Hell, Solich was fired after going 9-3 and finishing in the top 25. Coker was fired 3 years off a national title. I could go on.

I know better than to play the "arbitrary time-slice game" with Wisconsin fans. You are all PhDs in that discipline.

P.S. What does "predicable" mean?

Given that is your standard for success, it must be even more frustrating to have watched Golden Gophers football for the last 50 years. You should lower the expectations a bit. It makes the game much more enjoyable.

I know the Gophers aren't living up to their historical standard, but that doesn't make me love them any less. If that were my standard, I would've never come to this school and become a Gopher fan in the first place.

At least I'm not lying to myself about where my school stands in the pecking order. How deluded does one have to be to pretend that their never-was (and never-will-be) school is anywhere even remotely approaching "helmet school" status? That's far more pathetic than hoping my school returns to its former glory. I'd much rather do that than cheer for a school whose football program didn't exist before 1993.

The Badgers do have a national championship in basketball and it isn't even one that was voted on by a bunch of sportswriters. I guess in your eyes, that would make the rift between the Badgers and Gophers basketball programs even bigger then it already is.

Take it to the basketball board, Becky.

You'll be able to hear a mouse crap on Badgerblitz if

Becky loses too "Dion and the Belmonts"

We're lame.

How about we actually, you know, beat Wisconsin now and then?

He made a good decision going to Whiskey vs Minnesota since he seems to have no familial reasons to come here. A little reality check is in order. Over the recent history their teams have been better coached, better recruited and better supported. We have a chance to turn this around with Tubby and Kill, but we haven't done so yet. I hate Whiskey, but we get even on the field/court not on the message boards.

You were right. He is going to a helmet school.

There is no reason to think this commitment will not stick.

A little less nerd rage would make your life more enjoyable.

2460p_142c_1b.jpg

He made a good decision going to Whiskey vs Minnesota since he seems to have no familial reasons to come here. A little reality check is in order. Over the recent history their teams have been better coached, better recruited and better supported. We have a chance to turn this around with Tubby and Kill, but we haven't done so yet. I hate Whiskey, but we get even on the field/court not on the message boards.

Who are you debating with, exactly? Just curious.

You recently scored 33 points in a game. Now that is sad.

I'm a Gopher fan...I can also give credit where credit is due. I hate Wisconsin as much as the next person, but I also don't have a problem saying they are better, because they are.

Also, that was such a good insult coming from a fan whose team lost 10 of their last 11 games during the easier part of their schedule. That's the exact response I would expect from a fan of a team that has absolutely nothing going for them. Wisconsin lost 2 rounds later and are still playing.

"Well, Wisconsin lost in the Rose Bowl...my team won 3 games, but at least we didn't lose the Rose Bowl." Minnesota fans are too busy checking Rivals.com to see how many meaningless stars their recruits have while their main rival (if you can call them that, rivals have to be peers or equals, which clearly they are not) keeps winning Big Ten titles in FB and BB.

Keep trying. Anyway you look at it, right now U of Wisconsin is a better university than U of Minnesota - academically and athletically. That's a fact.

I'm a Gopher fan....

Lie.

...while their main rival (if you can call them that, rivals have to be peers or equals, which clearly they are not) keeps winning Big Ten titles in FB and BB.

Keep trying. Anyway you look at it, right now U of Wisconsin is a better university than U of Minnesota - academically and athletically. That's a fact.

The key here is RIGHT NOW. Of course Gopher fans will admit the skunks are better right now. What does it say about your beloved badgers that they have dominated us for a decade and are still losing the all-time series? It's cyclical, and all you are doing by being an a$$ when you're winning is making it that much sweeter when you are down (which you'll remember wasn't that long ago).

You, and the 10,000 other Gopher fans I see at football games.

You just said you are a Gopher fan. Then you go and make a false rip on the fans that you claim to be a part of. Which one is it buddy. Pick a side bozo

Lie.

The key here is RIGHT NOW. Of course Gopher fans will admit the skunks are better right now. What does it say about your beloved badgers that they have dominated us for a decade and are still losing the all-time series? It's cyclical, and all you are doing by being an a$$ when you're winning is making it that much sweeter when you are down (which you'll remember wasn't that long ago).

You gonna hang your hat on the Gophers your Great-Grandfather rooted for? If it is cyclical, it's a long cycle. It's 59-53 currently, in 10 years, it will be at least even. 2 out of the last 16 isn't bad...

Badgers won 26/41 1970-present or 63% of games
Badgers won 21/31 1980-present or 68% of games
Badgers won 16/21 1990-present or 76% of games

I don't see a cycle, I see a trend.

You just said you are a Gopher fan. Then you go and make a false rip on the fans that you claim to be a part of. Which one is it buddy. Pick a side bozo

False rip? I exaggerated a bit on the 10k. I'll give you that. Judging by the games I have been to, the stadium was about 75% full (on TV it looks worse). Most of the fans look like they were whitecaps bused in from a nursing home. What are the Gophers going to do in 10 years when half their current fan base dies? The ones that actually remember the glory days.

You, and the 10,000 other Gopher fans I see at football games.
I'd rather have the stadium sparsely populated with 10,000 fans who actually give a damn than "fans" who are there to piss and moan about how bad the team sucks.

dpodoll didn't even quote your post when he asked that question dumbass. Nobody cares about you and your love for Wisconsin SJU so just leave and take them with you.

I think what most people are really saying is "Hey, Wisconsin dooshbags, get the F off our board. Do you have so little going on in your lives that you constantly need to reaffirm yourselves by trolling this board?"

I think the red weasel trolls on this board speak volumes about the character and insecurity of the weasel fans.

+1

As far as the helmet school thing, IMO, a helmet school is a school readily recognizable by the casual football fan from conferences other than their own. Even people that don't follow football nation wide know who Alabama, USC, Notre Dame, etc are. Since I live amonth the heathen, I think I can say that the the rank-and-file SEC and B12 fans still see Wisconsin as an also-ran. Taking nothing from their success, which has been impressive, no helmet school status for the pole cats.

You gonna hang your hat on the Gophers your Great-Grandfather rooted for? If it is cyclical, it's a long cycle. It's 59-53 currently, in 10 years, it will be at least even. 2 out of the last 16 isn't bad...

Badgers won 26/41 1970-present or 63% of games
Badgers won 21/31 1980-present or 68% of games
Badgers won 16/21 1990-present or 76% of games

I don't see a cycle, I see a trend.

"There are liars, damn liars, and statisticians." All that shows is the 1970's were 50/50, the 1980's were 50/50, the series was split until 1994 and the vadgers have owned since. Discount my grandfather's Gophers all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that prior to 1994, we dominated you. We'll just have to see what your grandchildrens' badgers look like. I'm not saying the last 16 years haven't been brutal for us, but quit lying with numbers. In 10 years it will at least be even? We'll see, but that statement proves that you are SJUbadger.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Here's the bottom line, jack-hole.

Enjoy your little run, because for you it will NEVER get any better. This is your apex. Our apex has resulted in 6 National Championships, a number of NC's you will never live to see.

Looking forward to watching the Minnesota basketball players in Red. However, I don't think they'll go to far. In football, Wis. has been pretty good the last several years, but are not considered a helmet team nationally. Now when it comes to being drunks, cannibals and remorseful voters, Wis. is nationally recognized.

Enjoy your little run, because for you it will NEVER get any better. This is your apex. Our apex has resulted in 6 National Championships, a number of NC's you will never live to see.

Thank God for segregation, eh?

I agree no one here will live to see 6 national champioships by Wisconsin, but IMO Wisconsin is a team to stay near the top of the heap, and I would not be shocked if they win a title in the next ten years. Most people on this board have never been alive to see a MN championship either.

+1

As far as the helmet school thing, IMO, a helmet school is a school readily recognizable by the casual football fan from conferences other than their own. Even people that don't follow football nation wide know who Alabama, USC, Notre Dame, etc are. Since I live amonth the heathen, I think I can say that the the rank-and-file SEC and B12 fans still see Wisconsin as an also-ran. Taking nothing from their success, which has been impressive, no helmet school status for the pole cats.

Clearly this makes no sense since they were recently named one of the top 10 most popular programs in the country. That would indicate a higher than average # of fans outside of Wisconsin consider them a big time school.

"Don't blame me, I just state the facts"

Top Bottom