Voltz to Wisconsin

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Link

I know we weren't in his final 6-8, but it sucks to see Wisconsin getting richer.

That sucks.

I knew there was zero chance of him ever coming here, but I expected him to go to a helmet school.

I don't expect this commitment to stick, but stranger things have happened.

That sucks.

I knew there was zero chance of him ever coming here, but I expected him to go to a helmet school.

You were right. He is going to a helmet school.

There is no reason to think this commitment will not stick.

Thanks, I needed a laugh today.

It is highly unusual for a recruit with this many offers (especially when those are spread around the country) to give a verbal this early in the process. Hence, there is plenty of reason to think this commitment will not stick.

Wow, success has really swelled some of your heads. All of the sudden Wisconsin is a helmet school, you have a top tier basketball program on par with North Carolina and Duke. Might be time for a reality check.

Wow, success has really swelled some of your heads. All of the sudden Wisconsin is a helmet school, you have a top tier basketball program on par with North Carolina and Duke. Might be time for a reality check.

You might need a reality check. Have you checked out Wisconsin's sports (except Baseball) the last decade?

Helmet school?

Thats for the laugh today-I needed that.

Trolls are always a very insecure lot.

You might need a reality check. Have you checked out Wisconsin's sports (except Baseball) the last decade?

Yeah, what about it? Menial success in the sports anyone cares about? Zero national titles in school history and one conference championship (L in the Rose Bowl) in 11 years makes Wisconsin a helmet school now? Give me a f'ing break.

Umm, I know that they are not considered a helmet school and they are not a top tier basketball program. A good decade aside they are neither of those things.

That sucks.

He's been very polite and professional toward all the schools during his recruitment, saying all the right things, and giving the schools proper credit. He wasn't yelling it from the rooftops, but he's been more than hinting that UW was his favorite after his visit for the OSU game last fall.

I doubt he changes his commitment.

Wiscy has been very successful lately in bball n football but helmet schools have national championships, Wiscy has none. I do think the commitment will stick unless the vadgers self destruct for some reason. GvVadger shouldn't be surprised, according to dpdoll Minnesota has no chance at Pirsig since a few helmet schools offered.

Umm, I know that they are not considered a helmet school and they are not a top tier basketball program. A good decade aside they are neither of those things.

In football, 9 consecutive bowl games, and something like 12th or 13th in total wins over the past 20 years.

In basketball, 12 straight NCAA bids, with 1 FF, 1 E8, and 3 S16's. We need to win more in the tournament. I'll give you that. Only 12 wins in the last 9 years. Only one 1st rd exit, but not enough 2nd rd wins.

We're a current Top 15 program in both sports.

Yeah, what about it? Menial success in the sports anyone cares about? Zero national titles in school history and one conference championship (L in the Rose Bowl) in 11 years makes Wisconsin a helmet school now? Give me a f'ing break.

Menial success is shooting for the Insight Bowl and celebrating going to it when you need to beat a FCS school to get there. No success for 50 years for Football and makes us relevant? Give me a break.

5 of the last 7 years playing in a New Years Bowl game. 3 BCS games, on par with Notre Dame and Alabama, ahead of Auburn, Penn St, and Nebraska.

12 straight NCAA Basketball tournaments, final 4 appearance. Coach with the best winning percentage in the history of the Big Ten.

2 Hockey Title game appearances in last 5 years, 1 title. 6 overall, 1 more than the Gophers

Menial success is shooting for the Insight Bowl and celebrating going to it when you need to beat a FCS school to get there. No success for 50 years for Football and makes us relevant? Give me a break.

5 of the last 7 years playing in a New Years Bowl game. 3 BCS games, on par with Notre Dame and Alabama, ahead of Auburn, Penn St, and Nebraska.

12 straight NCAA Basketball tournaments, final 4 appearance. Coach with the best winning percentage in the history of the Big Ten.

2 Hockey Title game appearances in last 5 years, 1 title. 6 overall, 1 more than the Gophers

What team do you root for man?

In football, 9 consecutive bowl games, and something like 12th or 13th in total wins over the past 20 years.

In basketball, 12 straight NCAA bids, with 1 FF, 1 E8, and 3 S16's. We need to win more in the tournament. I'll give you that. Only 12 wins in the last 9 years. Only one 1st rd exit, but not enough 2nd rd wins.

We're a current Top 15 program in both sports.

I don't disagree. But Wisconsin is still not considered a helmet school and your basketball team is not a top tier basketball team. Do you consider Wisconsin to be either of those?

There are way too many trolls on this board. Wisconsin will be a helmet school when they consistently get top 25 recruiting classes and pull in mostly 4 star and 5 star players. Same goes for their basketball program. They aren't even getting the top in state basketball players right now.

There are way too many trolls on this board. Wisconsin will be a helmet school when they consistently get top 25 recruiting classes and pull in mostly 4 star and 5 star players. Same goes for their basketball program. They aren't even getting the top in state basketball players right now.

Results on the field are all that matter. If they bring in only 3 star players but get top 15 finishes consistently, the recruiting rankings are worthless in determining program value.

Wisconsin is a lot closer to being a helmet school than we are, and the insecurity and defensiveness of lots of Gopher fans speaks volumes about the fan base's character. Wisconsin is a better program at this point in time in both basketball and football, and that is a fact.

I doubt he changes his commitment.

Sadly, I have to agree. It's not a commitment where he panicked due to his other offers drying up. He chose Sconny over Bama, Auburn, MIchigan, Nebraska, ND, etc. and stated that he wanted to be closer to home and from his top 8 list that essentially meant giving The Madtown Playboy his verbal.

Nice get for the BADgers.

Only positive way to spin this hopefully they only wanted one OT in this class and are out for Pirsig.

Results on the field are all that matter. If they bring in only 3 star players but get top 15 finishes consistently, the recruiting rankings are worthless in determining program value.

Wisconsin is a lot closer to being a helmet school than we are, and the insecurity and defensiveness of lots of Gopher fans speaks volumes about the fan base's character. Wisconsin is a better program at this point in time in both basketball and football, and that is a fact.

Show me where anyone said that Minnesota was closer to being a helmet school than Wisconsin or that Minnesota has a better football or basketball program at this point. Nice straw man.

The fact that Wisconsin's program has had more recent success than us and is in better shape than ours does not make them a helmet school. Nor do I think that disqualifies Minnesota fans from judging whether or not they are a helmet school.

Show me where anyone said that Minnesota was closer to being a helmet school than Wisconsin or that Minnesota has a better football or basketball program at this point. Nice straw man.

The fact that Wisconsin's program has had more recent success than us and is in better shape than ours does not make them a helmet school. Nor do I think that disqualifies Minnesota fans from judging whether or not they are a helmet school.

Obviously Wisconsin is not a helmet school. I think GVBadger either was trying to get a rise out of the board, or he has become a little deluded about the state of the program. Wisconsin has a great program, probably top 15 in the country, but definitely not a helmet school. Not crumbling to ruins as most on this board predicted over 4 years ago, though.

I'm not sure what the hell a helmet school is or isn't. Are they in the caliber of OSU, Alabama, USC, Florida. No.

Are the a top 15 program, definitely. Borderline top 10 program, thought I wouldn't put them there yet.

Bottomline is they got a great committment, one we'd all like to have. While they may not be the destination for 5* WR recruits or QB's. When it comes to recruiting O-line, few programs have as impressive of a resume as UW the last 20 years. Plus, there current O-line coach has now had two Outland Trophy winners. Most kids, especially in the Midwest will pay attention to that.

I have a sneaking feeling, UW is going to have a big year in Illinois this year. Illinois is loaded in talent this year and UW seems to be in on most of these kids. Seems like Zook is a non-player again and UW can recruit that state as well as the other programs right now with the recent success.

I never said they were a helmet school (whatever that is), but all this hostility stemming from envy and jealousy by Gopher fans is pathetic.

I have a sneaking feeling, UW is going to have a big year in Illinois this year. Illinois is loaded in talent this year and UW seems to be in on most of these kids. Seems like Zook is a non-player again and UW can recruit that state as well as the other programs right now with the recent success.

I wouldn't say that Illinois is loaded this year but they always produce a couple national recruits and a handful of guys heavily recruited by the midwestern schools.

I agree that Wisconsin is positioned nicely to recruit in Chicago this year (fresh off a Rose Bowl appearance, Iowa is fresh off Rabdogate and Illinois isn't on top of it's game right now) Notre Dame might be a little more involved with the Catholic School programs in Chicagoland this year since Brian Kelly closed out the season nicely in South Bend though.

I'm not sure what the hell a helmet school is or isn't. Are they in the caliber of OSU, Alabama, USC, Florida. No.

Are the a top 15 program, definitely. Borderline top 10 program, thought I wouldn't put them there yet.

Bottomline is they got a great committment, one we'd all like to have. While they may not be the destination for 5* WR recruits or QB's. When it comes to recruiting O-line, few programs have as impressive of a resume as UW the last 20 years. Plus, there current O-line coach has now had two Outland Trophy winners. Most kids, especially in the Midwest will pay attention to that.

Hey Jdogg, whatever happened to your "I'm really a Gopher fan" claims? You're like Art Vandelay, except terrible at trolling. Go ask Art for some tips and try again. You see, the secret to good trolling is NOT pimping Wisconsin in every single post or you give yourself way, you idiot. You've pimped Wisconsin in every single one of your posts now. You're really bad at this.

I've been a life long gopher fan
I'm a gopher but live in Wisconsin

...and the insecurity and defensiveness of lots of Gopher fans speaks volumes about the fan base's character.

I think what most people are really saying is "Hey, Wisconsin dooshbags, get the F off our board. Do you have so little going on in your lives that you constantly need to reaffirm yourselves by trolling this board?"

I think the red weasel trolls on this board speak volumes about the character and insecurity of the weasel fans.

Top Bottom