Visiting recruits

Good question. After experiencing a game like that I think any recruit would be hard pressed to not want to attend the U of M. We had everything; a rocking crowd, a close game (and win!) with a rival school in a trophy game, and observable signs of progress.

So back to the question, does anybody know of any visitors?

Just thinking as I type... I bet yesterday wasn't as big of a recruiting day, at least with in-state recruits, with the majority of (half) of the high schools playing yesterday. There could have been a few out-of-state recruits.

Looking wider afield, the Gophers, the stadium and the campus (and the city) looked just great on the telecast. Surely must have impressed some possible future recruits...

May not seem like much, but weather across the Big Ten/northeast was abysmal. Yet Minnesota was 55 and sunny. I don't know if the broadcasters discussed this.

Before the game the recruits come from the tunnel and sit behind the home bench. Only about 6 yesterday. Usually there are around 15-20. Not hard to miss they are all wearing their school letter jackets.

Kris Humphries cousin, probably a walk on center. Dad and uncle both played big ten football. Uncle was all conf for gophers.

Kris Humphries cousin, probably a walk on center. Dad and uncle both played big ten football. Uncle was all conf for gophers.
If you look at his picture no relation to Kris. He projects as a true center and isn't as versatile as Coach Kill likes but center is a unique skill set.

I don't know where Walled Lake, MI is, and I haven't seen this kid's picture, but I do know for a fact that Humphries has relatives in Michigan.

If you look at his picture no relation to Kris.

Why do you say that? Kris' dad is black. This guy actually looks a lot like Kris and his dad.

265069_3107c96298bb4f248dab0fc2416117a6.jpg

Kris himself was at the game against Iowa, he was in the suite level.

Kris Humphries does have a a cousin named Kalon and it looks like this is him.

Just google Kris Humphris cousin Kalon, there is a tweet Kris made to his cousin Kalon (who attends Walled Lake Western HS in MI).

Why do you say that? Kris' dad is black. This guy actually looks a lot like Kris and his dad.

265069_3107c96298bb4f248dab0fc2416117a6.jpg
I withdraw my comment I didn't realise that Kris is mixed race, looking closer, I see it. Thinking back I don't recall ever seeing his dad I'm embarassed. He still projects as a center.

Looking at depth charts/two deeps for the Big Ten teams show one center at 6'0", one at 6'1" and six at 6'2". So about 1/12th of the Centers in the league right now are under 6'2". I guess he could still have a growth spurt which is not uncommon. Interesting recruit though.

Looking at depth charts/two deeps for the Big Ten teams show one center at 6'0", one at 6'1" and six at 6'2". So about 1/12th of the Centers in the league right now are under 6'2". I guess he could still have a growth spurt which is not uncommon. Interesting recruit though.
I hope you aren't serious about 2 inches being that big of a deal for a walk-on center.

Coach Kill will take a few players that don't fit the typical "size" requirements if they can "play"

Top Bottom