Virginia Tech to restrict 'selfish, inappropriate, and embarrassing student behavior' at football games

It’s all about “Let’s go Branden”. It’s childish and that’s why VT wants it to stop.
I know a VT grad and he’s embarrassed about the whole thing.

Come to think of it this is a thread that should be over on the off topic board. Just sayin’

It’s all about “Let’s go Branden”. It’s childish and that’s why VT wants it to stop.
You're worried that chants at football games are childish? Seriously?

I kind of think you are just cool with a public institution restricting the non-obscene, non-threatening chants of people at a football game because the particular chant doesn't fit your politics. You and your buddy sound like a couple of thin skinned, well, children

Highwayman is right, the end is nigh.

You're worried that chants at football games are childish? Seriously?

I kind of think you are just cool with a public institution restricting the non-obscene, non-threatening chants of people at a football game because the particular chant doesn't fit your politics. You and your buddy sound like a couple of thin skinned, well, children

Highwayman is right, the end is nigh.
Thanks Bob,
I don’t discuss politics on the Football Forum. Thus the statement above.

Thanks Bob,
I don’t discuss politics on the Football Forum. Thus the statement above.
You already did. You commented and then wanted to neatly shut the door behind yourself. People who don't discuss politics on football boards, just don't do it. They don't do it and then hint for the thread to be moved.

I'm shocked that someone that wants a non-obscene chant ended at a football game would comment about politics and then talk about how they don't comment about politics. Shocked.

You already did. You commented and then wanted to neatly shut the door behind yourself. People who don't discuss politics on football boards, just don't do it. They don't do it and then hint for the thread to be moved.

I'm shocked that someone that wants a non-obscene chant ended at a football game would comment about politics and then talk about how they don't comment about politics. Shocked.
Whatever

What I didn't like is the lack of crowd control causing issues among the people trying to get in. Not sure why the people who didn't have tickets thought they could get in for free.

Meh. Hockey is where all the good ribbing happens anyways. You can't hear shit at a football game.

My buddy told me at NDSU, they would take things really far. Like, look up the players on Facebook and find the names of relatives, to really get in their heads during the game.

Meh. Hockey is where all the good ribbing happens anyways. You can't hear shit at a football game.

My buddy told me at NDSU, they would take things really far. Like, look up the players on Facebook and find the names of relatives, to really get in their heads during the game.
NDSU doesn’t have hockey

Virginia Tech to restrict 'selfish, inappropriate, and embarrassing student behavior' at football games...​

... okay, but if you're not a student, then go for it :cool03:

Am I reading this article correctly? Some students were stampeding through the gates without tickets. Some fans were nearly trampled and were having panic attacks.

How long will it be before college football have their first deaths due to mob mentality?

For what it's worth, the U of M put an end to several hockey chants years ago, none of which were political.

Just looked up what the chant is and where it comes from… That’s what VT is cracking down on?!

The URL in the OP is all you need to know.

Gross OP, from gross poster, is gross. And should be moved to OTB forum. :rolleyes:

Not sure how preventing people from storming the gates and getting in without tickets is political?
🤷🏼‍♂️

Just looked up what the chant is and where it comes from… That’s what VT is cracking down on?!
I think many people in the thread didn’t read the article or they would rather discuss other issues. The article discusses students getting in without tickets and stampedes happening on student entrance to the stadium as the issues they are cracking down on.

If you read the link is was about the uncontrolled rush of students with and without tickets to get into the game. not the chants or cheers or boos.
People have been killed or seriously injured in similar situations.
All it takes is one person to fall and jam the entrance.
At WI games the student section is very slow to fill because of the very tight crowd control at the student entrances.
That is a small price to pay.

Michigan does that -- wife's relative was on the hockey team and the students did a deep dive into the social media presences of all the players. The had some good chirps

If you read the link is was about the uncontrolled rush of students with and without tickets to get into the game. not the chants or cheers or boos.
People have been killed or seriously injured in similar situations.
All it takes is one person to fall and jam the entrance.
At WI games the student section is very slow to fill because of the very tight crowd control at the student entrances.
That is a small price to pay.
I hope that someday somewhere in a US college football stadium that these don't happen: https://priceonomics.com/historys-deadliest-soccer-disasters/

what are you implying about NASCAR? I am not a fan, but it seems like you are trying to insinuate something with your comment.
Brandon Brown won Talladega a couple of weeks ago, and sportscaster Kelli Stavast believed the crowd were chanting for him.
She thought they were shouting, 'Let's go Brandon!'
She commented: "You can hear the chants from the crowd, 'Let's Go Brandon.'..."
They were chanting "F*** Joe Biden".

Top Bottom