Vikings could pay Gophers $3 million per season

3 mill a year from Vikes - Tubby is thinking practice facility!

They'll see 3 million, MAYBE 4.5 or 6. The plan is for the Vikes to play a minimum of 1 season with the possibility of part (or all of 2) being out there. The "up to" 4 year option is designed to cover contingencies and unexpected problems.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...3-million-per-season-to-use-tcf-bank-stadium/

Could this contribute to funding for a new practice facility? If so, lets all thank the Metrodome for collapsing.
I doubt it. Standard operating procedure is to take operating profit and throw it at the non-revenue sports. They believe they can raise ticket prices and donations to invest in football/basketball, while they know they can't do either of those things for soccer, cross country, etc..

Maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't the Metrome collapse what really sprung the new stadium campaign forward?

Had nothing to do with it. The stadium campaign came to a head because the Viking lease had expired, not to mention the fact LA is closer to getting a stadium and they need to 'obtain' a team.

Had nothing to do with it. The stadium campaign came to a head because the Viking lease had expired, not to mention the fact LA is closer to getting a stadium and they need to 'obtain' a team.

I see. Must have just gotten more people talking about it. Either way, if this can contribute to the practice facility even a little bit it's good news.

Top Bottom