Vikes VP of Personel thinks Weber will sign with NFL team

Just reflecting the QB.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

All I am saying is that Weber would be better off being an Arena League QB once his eligibility is up.

Weber is having a better season this year than last. Someone needs to remind people on here that last season was a terrible one, so just because he is better, it does not make it a good season. He is having a slightly above average year this year so far, not good. If he had been able to lead a last minute drive against Northwestern or South Dakota, I think you could say he is having a good year. He has 6 turnovers through 5 games, which I believe is a slower rate than last year (I don't think he fumbled much last year). He is doing a better job of getting the ball out this year (only 5 sacks and the pass blocking is not significantly better than it was the last 4 games of last season....it is better than the first 8 games of last season).

The biggest knocks on Weber this year are these:
He still misses easy throws (like bubble and quick screens).
He still throws behind receivers the majority of the time on the deep balls.
He still doesn't have the coaching staff's trust enough to air it out over the middle (though they did start throwing more down the middle in the NU game).
He still isn't winning games even when he has the opportunity of leading the team to victory. The South Dakota and Northwestern games were bad defensive performances and the defense was the reason the team lost. But Weber still had an opportunity to lead the team to victory at the end, and he could not either time.

If Weber was playing for Wisconsin, he would be a very good QB. But as a 5th year senior, 3rd year captain, 4th year starter on a young team, he needs to do some of the things he is not doing. He needs to not fumble the ball twice in the 2nd half of the South Dakota game. He needs to not lose his cool with the fans. This team is not very good right now, he needs to make sure he isn't part of the problem. For the most part, he hasn't been. But he has been very mediocre this year.

Most of the people still calling for Weber to be benched are thinking this:
He had been terrible for 1.75 seasons leading up to this. He is playing better now, but he still can't lead the team to victory. If he can't lead the team to victory, what is the point in playing the guy who is leaving at the end of the year anyways?

My personal opinion is that if they don't win one of the next 2 games, someone else will start the Penn State game.

He's at about 9500 yards passing, and will have over 10,000 yards by the time he's done. That's going to get you invited to an NFL training camp.

Exactly. Plus he is a prototypical qb that has perfect size and the ability to scramble. His accuracy is alittle poor. Which that can be fixed. Idk about his arm strength. He underthrows alot of balls. Is that his poor accuracy or his arm strength?

How can his accuracy be poor when he has a completion percentage of over 60%?

Weber is constantly throwing behind receivers that are running crossing or slant routes. He has many balls that are caught but stall receiver momentum costing the team YAC. He has also had accurate passes that are dropped. His accuracy while leading to a respectable completion percentage is not good enough to pay at the next level. He is better at throwing longer routes, yet many believe he struggles go throw a progression of receivers. This is not a good combination at the next level. Weber would be an acceptable quarterback in the Trent Dilfer and WI QB game manager mode. However, the gophers need him to be more than that.

Exactly. Plus he is a prototypical qb that has perfect size and the ability to scramble. His accuracy is alittle poor. Which that can be fixed. Idk about his arm strength. He underthrows alot of balls. Is that his poor accuracy or his arm strength?

Actually, accuracy is one of the most difficult things to fix. Changing someone's mechanics doesn't mean "fixing" their accuracy. Accuracy is what separates bad from mediocre from good from great.

I'd like to see the percentage of passes completed to receivers named Decker and percentage of passes completed to everyone else. Other than Decker and the TE the last couple years, Weber has had some below average receivers (Gray has been a bright spot this year). No one ever seems to work that into the equation (or his poor o-line, or his poor running game).

Sure he makes some bad passes, but he has also had a lot of passes dropped and a lot of receivers where they were not supposed to be and receivers who run poor routes and defensive ends teeing off on him and zero running game.

Walter football says he's currently #17 prospect

Interesting list compiled by the "expert". Seems like a big drop-off in expectations after the top 5 QB's.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011QB.php

I think Weber's ceiling may be as a marginal UFL or CFL Quarterback prospect. Not too shabby at all and that would be a good accomplishment for most college players.

Top Bottom