View from remaining seats...

GopherRube

Reaction score
Ok so I assume a lot of the seats that are left are on the ends, close or even behind the big scoreboard. It's hard to tell from pictures, but are the seats next to the big scoreboard behind the scoreboard? Do they have any sightlines to see it? Even if I have to end up getting seats in one of those end sections, I'd hope I would still be able to turn to the side and still see the big screen. Anybody who has been to the stadium know if you can still see it? Thanks!

Ok so I assume a lot of the seats that are left are on the ends, close or even behind the big scoreboard. It's hard to tell from pictures, but are the seats next to the big scoreboard behind the scoreboard? Do they have any sightlines to see it? Even if I have to end up getting seats in one of those end sections, I'd hope I would still be able to turn to the side and still see the big screen. Anybody who has been to the stadium know if you can still see it? Thanks!

A quick peek at the virtual seating views online (found here: https://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/university_minnesota/football/srms_4/index.php) shows that 201 is the worst section. You basically have to be in the front rows of that section to get any sort of angle on the big board and even then its not good. For sections 202/203 I think the first 5 rows might be ok, but again, the angle is pretty bad. The seats that remain in 204/205 should be ok. Any of the lower deck sections (101, 103, etc) should also be ok, but you'll have to look behind you and up to see the board (again, possibly with a pretty bad angle).

I just got my seats yesterday with friends and the scoreboard was a big part of the discussion for us. It seemed to us that there were better seats available on the end with the scoreboard than there was in the other (student section) corners. But we wanted to see the big scoreboard, too. We weren't sure if we could trust the panoramic view on the seat selection site or not. In fact, that showed that section 103 offered an acceptible view of the scoreboard, while the printed materials sent out by the atheltic department indicate that you can't see the scoreboard from there.

In the end, we chose section 103. We decided that the smaller scoreboard at the other end will be just fine, especially considering that half the big scoreboard will be filled with ads much of the time. In fact, we chose 103 over 206, our second choice, which seemed to offer a guaranteed view of the scoreboard. It was one important element for us, but not the most.

I just got my seats yesterday with friends and the scoreboard was a big part of the discussion for us. It seemed to us that there were better seats available on the end with the scoreboard than there was in the other (student section) corners. But we wanted to see the big scoreboard, too. We weren't sure if we could trust the panoramic view on the seat selection site or not. In fact, that showed that section 103 offered an acceptible view of the scoreboard, while the printed materials sent out by the atheltic department indicate that you can't see the scoreboard from there.

In the end, we chose section 103. We decided that the smaller scoreboard at the other end will be just fine, especially considering that half the big scoreboard will be filled with ads much of the time. In fact, we chose 103 over 206, our second choice, which seemed to offer a guaranteed view of the scoreboard. It was one important element for us, but not the most.

I think the materials the U sent out were to cover their a**es. I've attached a few photos of the Texas Godzillatron and you can see that even the poor viewing angles can see it clearly. The same should be true of our new scoreboard.

We also looked at 103 but decided we wanted a better view of the far end which is why we went with 246.

Attachments

• Godzillatron_angle1.jpg
    Godzillatron_angle1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Godzillatron_angle1a.jpg
    Godzillatron_angle1a.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Godzillatron_angle2.jpg
    Godzillatron_angle2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 39
  • Godzillatron_angle3.jpg
    Godzillatron_angle3.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Godzillatron_angle4.jpg
    Godzillatron_angle4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 44

Anyone still have the printed material sent out by the U about what areas can't see the big board? I couldn't find it. I ended up in the top rows of 105, and just wondering if I will be ok. The virtual view looks ok.

Anyone still have the printed material sent out by the U about what areas can't see the big board? I couldn't find it. I ended up in the top rows of 105, and just wondering if I will be ok. The virtual view looks ok.

I've attached the image the U sent out. The dark grey sections are the ones on the open end that they are saying won't have a view of the board. Again, I think this is a CYA maneuver. Logically some of the sections they show would have to have at least some seats with a view. For instance, 105 (your section) is shown as OK but 103 is not. But would the 6 feet of difference between the aisle seats in 105 and the aisle seats in 103 be enough to suddenly make the view impossible? I think not. I'm sure there will be seats in the grey sections with no view (this is especially true for 201 and other upper deck sections). But most folks will be ok IMHO, even if they don't have a great angle.

And should you get a seat that can't see the big board, keep in mind that the small board is still 2-3 times the size of the one at the Dome. :)

keyfeatures.gif

After taking away the ads on the big scoreboard, how much bigger is the effective space versus the aux. scoreboard? The silver lining to being in section 201, who don't have to look at all the ads on the big board.

I think the U's explanation can be clarified this way:
It says "areas" of bowl. Which could mean areas within those darkened sections. It doesn't mean those entire sections will have no view of screen.

Top Bottom