Video: The freshman from Istanbul is ready to make an impact at Minnesota.

In before Built claims he should be red shirted.

This is a guy who almost decided to stay in Turkey and turn professional. There's absolutely zero chance he would then turn around and stay in Minnesota for the five years it takes to pay off a red shirt.

Get what you can out of him, as you should every freshman.

In before Built claims he should be red shirted.

This is a guy who almost decided to stay in Turkey and turn professional. There's absolutely zero chance he would then turn around and stay in Minnesota for the five years it takes to pay off a red shirt.

Get what you can out of him, as you should every freshman.

He didn’t go pro, so maybe he prefers the value of a collegiate education over whatever salary he’d make playing Turkish basketball? What’s his career earning potential playing euro ball compared to staying 5 years and getting a graduate degree for free? I honestly have no idea what his salary would have been as a pro, but probably not much?

He didn’t go pro, so maybe he prefers the value of a collegiate education over whatever salary he’d make playing Turkish basketball? What’s his career earning potential playing euro ball compared to staying 5 years and getting a graduate degree for free? I honestly have no idea what his salary would have been as a pro, but probably not much?
Likely close to 6 figures, so yeah he turned down a substantial amount to play for us. We aren't redshirting him.

he can get his free education and then go make his money playing in Europe - I think that's pretty smart unless you are a higher level player (Rubio, Doncic, etc...)

Or he found out he wasn't going to be that in demand and wasn't going to make anything by turning pro.

Top Bottom