Video of Gopher Championship Seasons ?

Texan Gopher

Reaction score
Does anyone have some good links (You Tube, etc) to Gopher (all sports) national championship seasons ? I have seen the hockey ones, but are the football ones out there somewhere ? The final 4 hoops season ?

Google You tube. There are Rose Bowl games and also win against Wisky in 1960. Probably others
I saw those. I just didn't know if there were any "full season recaps" out there somewhere.

Thanks for posting those though as I had not seen the 2nd one.

Does anyone have some good links (You Tube, etc) to Gopher (all sports) national championship seasons ? I have seen the hockey ones, but are the football ones out there somewhere ? The final 4 hoops season ?
I’m sick about this but can’t do anything about it . My dad had wheel film of all old gopher games way back in the day.

Not sure if this fits the inquiry, but I somehow got a video copy of the "History of Minnesota Football." The 40 minutes of footage looks at many games through the years, cherry-picking various contests starting in the 1930's. Narrated by Halsey Hall, the last game covered was the Minnesota defeat of Iowa in 1964. FWIW - also a have a copy of "Smith of Minnesota" and a coaches film of the 1940 OSU-MN game. Could look at uploading to dropbox - initiate a private conversation if interested.

Love this! What was the deal with punting on 3rd down? Gopher Roger Hagberg was the uncle of one of my good friends.

Love this! What was the deal with punting on 3rd down? Gopher Roger Hagberg was the uncle of one of my good friends.
Common tactic of single wing and wing T football back in the 30's, 40's.... Often times put the other team in poor field position. Warmath did it a lot. Of course he had Sandy Stephens who was a decent punter.

Here's a doc about the 97 basketball team
I was at every single one of those home games. The crowd noise was deafening and you can hear it in this recap.

The craziest game was when we erased the 7 point deficit with 58 seconds left at Assembly Hall, against Bobby Knight's squad.

Last edited:

I was at every single one of those home games. The crowd noise was deafening and you can hear it in this recap.

The craziest game was when we erased the 7 point deficit with 58 seconds left at Assembly Hall, against Bobby Knight's squad.
Hard to believe that Dick Bremer was the TV play-by-play Gopher basketball guy for a time (including that year). I think he did some football and hockey as well. That was back in the good old days of the Midwest Sports Channel

Top Bottom