Video of Coach Kill's Arrival at Minn.

GO4INLALALAND

Reaction score
I came across this video of Coach Kill's arrival at MN last week and wasn't sure whether to post it, but here it is. It feels to me that the U feels like we are on the verge of something historic for the fb program and they want to document it from the beginning. There is no video of Brewster's arrival at MN.

I think it is a cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqe36mer4ag

I feel that your feelings about the way we all feel feels pretty good...

Pretty inauspicious beginnings, middle of the night in snowy cold December. Man, I hope to watch him in some bowl games someday!

Go Gophers!

The video of Brewster leaving town on a Greyhound bus is even better.

I like the Land Rover instead of some Hyundai. I bet he didn't Arrive at his prior jobs like that in private jet.

I came across this video of Coach Kill's arrival at MN last week and wasn't sure whether to post it, but here it is. It feels to me that the U feels like we are on the verge of something historic for the fb program and they want to document it from the beginning. There is no video of Brewster's arrival at MN.

It wasn't the U's choice to document that... it was us (Ch. 5/1500 ESPN) doing our due-diligence on that late Sunday night, and getting it... It helped that we've known someone at that hangar at Holman for many years. Figured it was a $$ shot that would play well in many spots, both on the web and on our newscasts.

What's so interesting? It's just a bunch of guys getting off a plane and getting into a SUV.

What's so interesting? It's just a bunch of guys getting off a plane and getting into a SUV.

I did not say it was interesting. As Rouser said, I like how inauspicious his arrival is at the U. It, to me, appears to be a very personal moment for Kill. A small time guy, who is arriving for his $1 million dollar a year job without the big fan fare such a moment would normally call for.

It wasn't the U's choice to document that... it was us (Ch. 5/1500 ESPN) doing our due-diligence on that late Sunday night, and getting it... It helped that we've known someone at that hangar at Holman for many years. Figured it was a $$ shot that would play well in many spots, both on the web and on our newscasts.

Doogie, I know its part of your job and I guess I gotta say good work on getting the video. No offense inteded here ... But, is there any part of you (of whoever was there) that at some point looks around into the cold dark night and says "WTF am I doing here ... there has to be more to life than this!"

Hey this sure beats the pictures from a certain poster who waited outside the fence at Crystal Airport convinced that the next Gopher coach was on a specific executive jet only to discover that he wasn't....but he still posted them!

Hey this sure beats the pictures from a certain poster who waited outside the fence at Crystal Airport convinced that the next Gopher coach was on a specific executive jet only to discover that he wasn't....but he still posted them!

No one did that.

Doogie, I know its part of your job and I guess I gotta say good work on getting the video. No offense inteded here ... But, is there any part of you (of whoever was there) that at some point looks around into the cold dark night and says "WTF am I doing here ... there has to be more to life than this!"

I'm pretty sure 98% of the general public says this numerous times during their work day....

I did not say it was interesting. As Rouser said, I like how inauspicious his arrival is at the U. It, to me, appears to be a very personal moment for Kill. A small time guy, who is arriving for his $1 million dollar a year job without the big fan fare such a moment would normally call for.

I don't think inauspicious means what you think it does.
But if I understand what you're getting at, I agree with the sentiment.

inauspicious

Thanks RedPoo - I checked the dictionary to make sure I understood the definition of inauspicious. For those of you who are interested inauspicious = not auspicious; boding ill; ill-omened; unfavorable.

That was a legendary day for GH. Hilarious and fun. I again offer my congrats to dpo for his contributions to the coaching search.

I couldn't believe how filthy Maturi's car was. I know its December in Minnesota but come on. If you think that there is even a chance that you'll be given your new football coach a ride from the airport I would think that you would spend the $6 and get it washed. If I was Kill I would have taken a look at that vehicle and said "I'm out of here. Refuel the plane and get me back home."

I couldn't believe how filthy Maturi's car was. I know its December in Minnesota but come on. If you think that there is even a chance that you'll be given your new football coach a ride from the airport I would think that you would spend the $6 and get it washed. If I was Kill I would have taken a look at that vehicle and said "I'm out of here. Refuel the plane and get me back home."

Please tell me there's a hard sarcastic tone to this post.

Please.

We fail plenty, but it was good to get this video... as for "WTF am I doing here ... there has to be more to life than this!" ... not there yet. Bleep, considering where I was professionally just 15 months ago, I am more than glad to be able to track down video like that. It's a labor of love.

Top Bottom