Video: Melvin Gordon says Gophers DB Demarius Travis rolled on his ankle on purpose

Just when I think I couldn't hate Wisconsin more.

At one point thought he was a Heisman lock. Then his lies about last year irked me. Now he's on my "least favorite" players list.

I thought it was a dirty play by travis for sure.

I also didn't like our returner pushing and shoving Badger players on his way off the field. Settle down dude.

I hope he did try to twist it. F the badgers.
You think their fans would be up in arms if their little safety #7 did that to Cobb? No.
It a rivalry game, it's gonna be physical, dirty, and rough.
Gordon needs to shut up or the NFL defenders he see's next year are going to take notice and show him how twisting a RB's ankle on purpose really feels.

Gordon is an interesting guy. During the first half, it looked to me that he was not happy at all about getting hit- and the Gophers were really hitting him. I was hopeful that he would fold but instead he came back stronger and got better. Normally, that doesn't happen with guys who don't like to be tackled.

I agree that for his sake he should keep his mouth shut. I think he will face a lot of that in the NFL where every single player is as good or better than any of the best Gophers defenders.

Gordon is an interesting guy. During the first half, it looked to me that he was not happy at all about getting hit- and the Gophers were really hitting him. I was hopeful that he would fold but instead he came back stronger and got better. Normally, that doesn't happen with guys who don't like to be tackled.

I agree that for his sake he should keep his mouth shut. I think he will face a lot of that in the NFL where every single player is as good or better than any of the best Gophers defenders.

After hearing his comments I don't think he'll be a great pro. Certainly not an every down back. He'll have a solid career, but he isn't tough enough to be a superstar running back.

Gordon puts himself in a position to have his ankle twisted. Every time that Gordon gets hit, he immediately tries a spin move to get out of the grasp of the defender. It is effective for him, but if a guy gets him by the ankle, the outcome is that Gordon is going to twist his ankle. It's one of the hazards of the game when a guy uses the techniques that Gordon does. I didn't see anything malicious on Saturday.

this. Gordon went over him and Travis held on and the momentum caused him to get rolled up. All just part of the tackle and was more caused by Gordon than Travis

I find it funny that someone mentions the Andre Hollins thing because that seems to be the exact same situation as this one, except with the roles reversed.

I find it funny that someone mentions the Andre Hollins thing because that seems to be the exact same situation as this one, except with the roles reversed.

I don't think the play on Hollins was dirty. It was a foul though.

He's in for a rude awakening in the pros if he can't handle a little ankle twist. Don't think he'll last.

Edit - just watched the replay. Wow - that's a totally normal play. I've seen worse in pick-up basketball.

Pretty much the same thing. I mean the whole point of both basketball and football is to physically take the person with the ball to the ground.

Maybe Travis was just trying to knock the sand out of Melvin's vagina.

The main difference for me is that Andre Hollins wasn't the one complaining (at least not that I remember, I could be wrong).

Saw it not convinced he did it on purpose. GorDon Mentioned before the game it would get chippy i guess he just uses whatever he can to explain why he didnt get his average yardage

A Becky fan today told me that he was so close to breaking so many runs? i said yeah but he didnt! that was due to the defense not allowing him to get his average.

why do Connie fans show stupidity all the time?

Ad this to the file when Decker punched the wisky DB in the balls a few years back. We will see what he says after the OSU game.

He did twist his leg but I saw it as securing the tackle - if it was a deliberate attempt to cause injury surely we would have done it in the first quarter - wasn't this play right at the end of the game?

Irony is, for me, their backup runner looked a lot more dangerous against us.

Didn't watch the video, but I saw a play where something like that looked possible now that you mention it.

I hope he's fine. Maybe he'll be a Viking next season.

I knew it right away it just didn't look right on the tackle---those who played know the subtleties, I thought it was a bush league move right when it happened

Top Bottom