Video: F Mallory Heyer, a Secret Weapon

Bfan

Reaction score
Secret Weapon Mallory Heyer:

Her coach calls her "a superstar." She's led Chaska in scoring and rebounding since 8th grade. Chaska with Mallory Heyer won the state championship.

Mallory Heyer has a message for Gophers fans from her and the Fab Four recruits coming in

"It's so cool! I'm so excited to start something new with them," Heyer said, "We're just excited! We want to get the barn rockin'!

"Just the opportunity to stay home, and play in front of my home state, play in front of my friends and family... I want to build something new at Minnesota., Heyer said.

"We have a group message. We attend all the games together, the Gopher games.. We definitely keep in touch. "We want to get the barn rockin'!"

The 6' 1" forward Mallory Heyer is a 3-point shooter too.

"It's fun to get out of the paint because it creates mismatches. I've been working on my outside shot," Mallory Heyer said.

She has played at the 5 (center), 4 (power forward), and 3 (small forward).

What is a Stretch Four

Thus, Mallory Heyer could be a "stretch four."

"A stretch four (sometimes called a stretch big) is a player at the power forward position that can generate offense farther from the basket than a conventional power forward. "Stretch" describes the effect such a player has on the opposition defense."

She's shoots effectively from the wings but is a truly awesome power forward, so she's a power forward stretch four.

Top Bottom