Video and Stats: PG Katie Borowicz

Bfan

Reaction score
Video: Katie Borowicz

Katie Borowicz is another high talent player newish to the Gophers we have hardly seen. She came to the Gophers from Rosseau mid-season in 2021. Then she missed her first full season for a surgery. She has talent.

Point guard Borowicz was the #98 prospect per ESPN HoopGurlz and #104 by Prospect Nation. She shoots 3's especially well for a point guard, maybe a combo guard.

Her stats were impressive, coming to the Gophers"

-Reached 1,000 career points by her sophomore season. 2,000+ career points by senior year.
-Varsity since 7th grade.
-3-time all-state honoree.
-Averaged 31 points, 6.8 rebounds, 6.2 steals, and 6 assists each game.

Last edited:

Video: Standout Katie Borowicz from High School to College in Same Season

Katie Borowicz went from playing high school ball to college ball in the same season. She was immediately thrown into action against Penn State (her first points) and then Maryland (8 points)!

I think Katie is the sleeper in the group, that people are underestimating her role. I was impressed with what I saw when she was playing, especially her confidence, dropping into the B1G right out of high school she was fearless. She’s a great passer and shooter and her hustle and quickness make up for a lot of her lack of height.

Borowicz is good. You don’t become a top 100 recruit living in dang near Canada if you’re not good. I get it’s AAU that gives you the exposure, but also playing for the big city teams is also an advantage in recruiting. Her height won’t be a problem. Also helps the other guards she plays with will be tall. She also plays with emotion. Intangibles that I don’t know if you can teach.

I think it was her first game, maybe the first time she brought the ball up the court, she stopped with her feet on serif of M logo but didn’t pick up her dribble. Oh, you’re not going to guard me out here? OK, boom, swish. No fear.

I think it was her first game, maybe the first time she brought the ball up the court, she stopped with her feet on serif of M logo but didn’t pick up her dribble. Oh, you’re not going to guard me out here? OK, boom, swish. No fear.
yep, I remember being impressed with how confident she seemed in the first game and taking a long 3.

Top Bottom