Victory Right?

M&G BUSt

Reaction score
Did the memory of "Victory Right" come to anyone else's mind at the end of the game today?

Did the memory of "Victory Right" come to anyone else's mind at the end of the game today?

Yes I was at the game and I discussed it several times with others around me.

Northwestern, for almost two decades now, has proven to be a real pain in the a$$ team to play. I don't know exactly what it
is, but I never feel safe at any point when playing them

I was a sophomore at the time, and remember it being one of my first kicks to the groin as a gopher fan

What happened? I don't remember this. Maybe I blocked it out.

The one thing always gets me about that play was how confident the guy who caught it was that he was across the end zone line when he caught it. I'm sure he was but it was very close. I would sure as hell make sure I'm in the end zone before I start running around like that.

I wasn't as much thinking about Victory Right, but I was thinking back to 2000 and all the 4th down conversions they had when they converted the first 4th down on the second to last drive. Just once, let these guys not get some breaks.

The 4th down stop was outstanding defense the entire 4 play sequence. NW would complete a pass and their guy would be tackled immediately. Prater dropped it for sure, but I do think Murray's presence helped in the cause. 14 years ago, that would be Sam Simmons running the crossing route and the Gopher player would have been trailing the play by a few yards.

What happened? I don't remember this. Maybe I blocked it out.

Wow... I was there. Had never heard the "victory right" description.
I was in the upper deck, corner, right where it happened.

Top Bottom