Victor Dukes Dunk A 6'3" Soph from Jonesboro, Ark.

UofMdad

Reaction score

"Nettleton (Jonesboro, Ark.) High's Victor Dukes isn't listed in any Class of 2015 recruiting databases, but maybe he should be, since the 6-foot-3 sophomore can apparently explode so high off the court he looks down on the basket. Just ask the posterized Manila (Ark.) High defender who collapsed to the floor either in pain or from shock at what he just witnessed.
Dukes dribbled left past one defender and leaped over the other while sticking his arm up to his elbow in the rim a la Vince Carter in the 2000 NBA Dunk Contest.
Only this happened in an actual game -- the NEA Tournament finals at Arkansas State University, no less -- and for all we know Dukes might actually still be rising."

Victor Dukes: From Max Preps is all the info I can find.

<DL><DT id=ctl00_NavigationAndRelated_Content_PageHeaderUserControl_JerseyDTGenericControl class=first>Jersey:</DT><DD id=ctl00_NavigationAndRelated_Content_PageHeaderUserControl_JerseyDDGenericControl>23</DD><DT id=ctl00_NavigationAndRelated_Content_PageHeaderUserControl_PositionDTGenericControl>Position:</DT><DD id=ctl00_NavigationAndRelated_Content_PageHeaderUserControl_PositionDDGenericControl>N/A</DD><DT>Class:</DT><DD>N/A </DD></DL><DL><DT>School:</DT><DD>Nettleton Raiders </DD><DT>Season:</DT><DD class=level>Varsity 12-13 </DD><DT>Sport:</DT><DD class=sport>Basketball </DD></DL><DL id=ctl00_NavigationAndRelated_Content_PageHeaderUserControl_TeamRecordDLGenericControl><DT>Overall:</DT><DD>12-7-0 </DD><DT>League:</DT><DD>8-5-0 </DD><DT>National Rank:</DT><DD>4337</DD><DT>AR State Rank:</DT><DD>51</DD></DL>

That is absurd. It almost looks like special effects.

I stand corrected, I could have sworn this was like a year old.... Here is another look/video of the same dunk... Happened in January.

The athleticism is still crazy impressive but now having seen that angle I think it should have been a charge. He straight planted his foot in that dude's chest.

The athleticism is still crazy impressive but now having seen that angle I think it should have been a charge. He straight planted his foot in that dude's chest.

I think he kneed him in the face as well. Kid looks concussed.

It looked good from the angles I saw. Oh well, guess he isn't the 2nd coming for Gopher BB.

Top Bottom