Very impressed by your Gophers

Justinc882

Reaction score
Great game tonight, MSU had some chances to pull away but couldn't hit the open shots. I was really impressed with how hard the Gophers played they never gave up and continued to fight and fight away. Good luck the rest of the season... except when you play us again :)

thanks and the same to you....hope things go different at Williams....good luck the rest of the way

Great game tonight, MSU had some chances to pull away but couldn't hit the open shots. I was really impressed with how hard the Gophers played they never gave up and continued to fight and fight away. Good luck the rest of the season... except when you play us again :)

Thanks Justinc... remember, IT'S OUR BARN, AND YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!!! :)

Yeah.. That was a very good game... played well by both teams. Thanks for the friendly chat justinc... It's not usual that we get civil conversations between fans of opposing teams.

I would bet they'll beat MSU at the barn!!! :)

thanks and the same to you....hope things go different at Williams

They will because as things go we'll get homered and they won't. Looking at 7 or 8 fouls to 2 with a dozen minutes to go, I'm getting a bit tired of it.

If we had Royce White and Trevor Mbakwe playing we probably beat you guys. Be lucky two of our most talented guys are suspended.

If we had Royce White and Trevor Mbakwe playing we probably beat you guys. Be lucky two of our most talented guys are suspended.

Groan. Neither of those guys have logged a single minute in Maroon and Gold. Making these kind of statements is kind of ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt of their talent - but to say they are difference makers in this game is worthless speculation at best.

Lay off the Royce stuff. He's not on the team. It's a pansy excuse. You and I each have played the same number of minutes as him. Until he gets it together there is no reason to act like he is the hole in this team. Nothing the Gophers do well can be credited to him, and none of their shortcomings can be blamed on him.

Its not a pansy excuse. I think with Royce and Trevor we beat them. They probably got some help by the refs (the Cobbs intentional foul was brutal and so was a Westbrook charge), but I don't want to blame the refs.

Nothing the Gophers do well can be credited to him, and none of their shortcomings can be blamed on him.

Well said!

Its not a pansy excuse. I think with Royce and Trevor we beat them. They probably got some help by the refs (the Cobbs intentional foul was brutal and so was a Westbrook charge), but I don't want to blame the refs.

While you may be right that they could be difference makers in the Big Ten... you can't know for sure because neither of them have played a single minute in a game this year. I know their talents and obviously everyone else knows how good we'd be with them, but it just gets old when people seem to justify every loss with "with Royce and Trevor... (fill in the blank)..." We need to worry about what we have and stop thinking about the "what if's"... Maybe the laptop thing gets cleared up and he joins the team... but as of now he's not on it...

As far as Trevor goes I'm going to give him some credit tonight. They've often said that he's still the toughest player in practice. I suspect he's giving them a lot fight on the boards during practice and is making them that much tougher.

As far as Trevor goes I'm going to give him some credit tonight. They've often said that he's still the toughest player in practice. I suspect he's giving them a lot fight on the boards during practice and is making them that much tougher.

That's a good point Blizzard

Well said!

While you may be right that they could be difference makers in the Big Ten... you can't know for sure because neither of them have played a single minute in a game this year. I know their talents and obviously everyone else knows how good we'd be with them, but it just gets old when people seem to justify every loss with "with Royce and Trevor... (fill in the blank)..." We need to worry about what we have and stop thinking about the "what if's"... Maybe the laptop thing gets cleared up and he joins the team... but as of now he's not on it...

I didn't say I knew for certain. I said we "probably" win with Royce and Trevor. Royce is our only 5 Star Recruit and Trevor is a third year 4 Star recruit and both can score and rebound. Huge upgrade over our bench which couldn't score one field goal tonight.

All I have to say is our bench lost us this game...MSU's bench dominated our bench in points tonight...I believe we only had 3 bench points...that's horrible

Yeah.. That was a very good game... played well by both teams. Thanks for the friendly chat justinc... It's not usual that we get civil conversations between fans of opposing teams.

I would bet they'll beat MSU at the barn!!! :)

Ya i enjoy going to other teams boards and talking with other fans. Every fan base has their hard core crazies. I just like to have respectful banter about the game, teams, players, coaches and styles. Besides I've learned a lot from other fan bases. I'm a big Tubby fan so I've been ghosting around here for awhile I just rarely post except when it's close to a MSU/Minnesota game.

and ya the game at the Barn should be a good one.

Top Bottom