Very damaging loss

anonymous

Reaction score
The problem with this loss is that it probably drops them to sixth in the Big Ten in the RPI.

According to collegerpi.com, the Gophers opened today fifth in the Big Ten in RPI at 50. Ohio State was at 49 and Northwestern was at 59.

I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking that losing to a team that 241st in the RPI will be at least a 10 spot drop.

Gophers need to win at Ohio State and Northwestern now.

They need to beat MSU and Purdue at home too. I really can't believe they came out and played so poorly against Indiana today. It might have cost theme their season. One really bad loss (Portland) is one thing, but two???

We really can't say we are much better than Indiana right now.

It is a damaging loss. No doubt. But, it is still possible for us to beat either Purdue or MSU at the Barn. Once we do that, we will have more breathing room. Nevertheless, this loss makes things more difficult as we cannot afford any more lapses.

Pitt, currently ranked and at the top of Big East (albeit temporarily), lost their home game to Indiana this season.

Field of 64

6 teams will make it from the Big 10.....Gophers will be one of them... Gophers will beat Mich St
saturday!!

6 teams will make it from the Big 10.....Gophers will be one of them... Gophers will beat Mich St
saturday!!

We might beat Michigan State. Yes that's possible. The real problem is that now we HAVE to. Tubby has a week to get this ship righted - perhaps he will.

I think this loss puts more emphasis on beating either Purdue or MSU at the Barn. If that does not happen, we need to beat at least the Badgers assuming that they continue to play well enough to finish 3rd. I think OSU will be another team for 3rd or 4th finish if Turner is to perform well. With the OSU win at the Barn, beating Wisky would give us a decent resume if we won 10 BT regualr season games. I think beating Wisky "and" either MSU or Purdue will put us in the Tourney for sure with 10 BT regualr season wins. So, I don't think we as fans need to be in a crisis mode yet while the team should play like it is. :)

anon

"The problem with this loss..."

I think the problem with this loss is it showed how good we are.

If we can't win at Indiana, where can we win on the road? We don't go to Iowa again this year.

:(

Loss drops Gophers to 65 in the RPI and sixth in the Big Ten. Illinois is only one spot behind the Gophers at 66.

Big Ten RPIs from collegerpi.com

Wisconsin 9
Purdue 17
Michigan State 18
Ohio State 49
Northwestern 57
Minnesota 65
Illinois 66
Michigan 121
Iowa 185
Penn State 214
Indiana 218

12 games left
7 home
5 road

Need to win 8 of those games
It can still be done

12 games left
7 home
5 road

Need to win 8 of those games
It can still be done

It certainly can. If we have to do it without Nolen and Williams it's going to be awfully difficult though.

Top Bottom