Verdell Jones/Fouls?

eker0016

Importer Exporter
Reaction score
I can't watch the game but I've followed a bit on the web...has Verdell Jones really been taking it that hard to the rack/been fouled worthy of sheeting EIGHTEEN free throws? That almost seems ludicrous...

I can't watch the game but I've followed a bit on the web...has Verdell Jones really been taking it that hard to the rack/been fouled worthy of sheeting EIGHTEEN free throws? That almost seems ludicrous...

To answer your question: No. This has been a big-time homer job by the refs. Having said that, we really didn't deserve to win the way we played.

To answer your question: No. This has been a big-time homer job by the refs. Having said that, we really didn't deserve to win the way we played.

I totally agree!! our boys were screwed!! When were the refs going to kiss our players??? They had been screwed all game!!

I totally agree!! our boys were screwed!! When were the refs going to kiss our players??? They had been screwed all game!!

WTF are you talking about? The refs did homer us; that's part of big ten basketball. We simply didn't deserve to win regardless of what the refs did however.

Ya right!! you know what I am talking about.

A question was asked, I answered it. Simple as that. So I'll make an amendment to my previous statement because you aren't following. Here's the new one: You don't know what I'm talking about. There, problem solved. ;)

WTF are you talking about? The refs did homer us; that's part of big ten basketball. We simply didn't deserve to win regardless of what the refs did however.

Indiana did not deserve to win. We outplayed them when all was said and done but too many Gophers in foul trouble and momentum killers all night.

Jones=cock...sticking out his tongue all the time like MJ, i reallly wish westbrook would've punched him

Westbrook

He was to busy on the bench cuz he was playing like crap! Lil Man disease for Westbrook he talks junk as much as anyone in the Big 10- cept Turner

I love how the highlight of the game was his game winning +1, the highlight clearly shows his traveling and the lack of any foul.

Jones is a real class act. Not.

That being said, the reffing in OT was terrible. I don't want to use that as an excuse because this game should not have come down to the reffing... but it did.

I love how the highlight of the game was his game winning +1, the highlight clearly shows his traveling and the lack of any foul.

Exactly right. Devoe was clean on him, and the little tongue wag Verdell gave from the floor indicated that he knew he got away with one.

The 5th foul on Ralph was garbage too. You don't get ticky-tack in OT.

Bandana Guy

Exactly right. Devoe was clean on him, and the little tongue wag Verdell gave from the floor indicated that he knew he got away with one.

The 5th foul on Ralph was garbage too. You don't get ticky-tack in OT.

You are totally correct.

Verdell sensed the whistle-happy refs and put on a Parker/Ginobli/Duncan Euro-flop-fest.. seen it all the way down to the Jr. Hi level where savvy coaches instruct their shooters/drivers to fall down after every shot. Just didn't expect these Jr Hi refs to be on the court last night...
but..
the Gophers need to make these same plays with whistle-happy refs.. be aggressive, flop on every drive, etc..

Verdell sensed the whistle-happy refs and put on a Parker/Ginobli/Duncan Euro-flop-fest.. seen it all the way down to the Jr. Hi level where savvy coaches instruct their shooters/drivers to fall down after every shot. Just didn't expect these Jr Hi refs to be on the court last night...
but..
the Gophers need to make these same plays with whistle-happy refs.. be aggressive, flop on every drive, etc..

dboy, you're right. When in Rome...

Top Bottom