VegasInsider: Michigan opens as 4.5 point favorites over Nebraska

Whether we like it or not, Nebraska is playing better football. I think the 3-4 point margin is accurate for Michigan since this game is being played in Lincoln.

Can't tell if folks are too high on Neb or unsure of Michigan ...

e2oz04i.gif

Whether we like it or not, Nebraska is playing better football. I think the 3-4 point margin is accurate for Michigan since this game is being played in Lincoln.
Nobody wants to hear it, but Nebraska is a pretty good team. They will likely be favored when they come visit in a couple weeks.

I think it's more likely that Michigan wins by three or four Touchdowns than points. Is Nebby really playing better though or are they beating up garbage teams, while losing to anyone with a pulse. People bring up the Oklahoma game, but the 97 Gophers only lost to #1 PSU by a point and would have won if instant replay was a thing yet

Nobody wants to hear it, but Nebraska is a pretty good team. They will likely be favored when they come visit in a couple weeks.
Is this based on their win over Fordham, their win over Buffalo, or their win over Northwestern? Or one of their quality losses to Illinois, MSU, or Oklahoma? Good teams don't go 3-3 against the six teams Nebraska has played.

I found them as -3 and -165 on the ML.... idk where people think nebraska is good enough to do this but im willing to risk that money XD

They might be but there's not much on their resume to buy into it 'for real' yet...

Is this based on their win over Fordham, their win over Buffalo, or their win over Northwestern? Or one of their quality losses to Illinois, MSU, or Oklahoma? Good teams don't go 3-3 against the six teams Nebraska has played.
Well, their wins were all pretty impressive - I guess throw out Fordham because they are barely a D1 team, but beating any B10 team the way they handled Northwestern is impressive. They went toe to toe on the road against Oklahoma who is a top 10, maybe top 5 team. They arguably outplayed MSU but shot themselves in the foot as they are prone to doing. If you can't see that this is a different team than the one that lost to Illinois, and the one we've seen the past 3 years, I don't know what to tell you. I get that our fan base has a strong hatred of Nebraska, but people are delusional if they think this is the same old Nebraska as the 2017-2020 versions.

Well, their wins were all pretty impressive - I guess throw out Fordham because they are barely a D1 team, but beating any B10 team the way they handled Northwestern is impressive. They went toe to toe on the road against Oklahoma who is a top 10, maybe top 5 team. They arguably outplayed MSU but shot themselves in the foot as they are prone to doing. If you can't see that this is a different team than the one that lost to Illinois, and the one we've seen the past 3 years, I don't know what to tell you. I get that our fan base has a strong hatred of Nebraska, but people are delusional if they think this is the same old Nebraska as the 2017-2020 versions.
NW's defense is bad... Offense is worse... I'm not putting much stock in that win!

Do that against Purdue, us, wis, and I'll throw OSU in there! I'll be more impressed if they can put up big numbers against that group!

NW's defense is bad... Offense is worse... I'm not putting much stock in that win!

Do that against Purdue, us, wis, and I'll throw OSU in there! I'll be more impressed if they can put up big numbers against that group!
I'm not saying they are going to win the West, but if people don't think this Nebraska team is significantly improved, they are setting themselves up for disappointment. Vegas doesn't just make these numbers up out of thin air.

Michigan by a million. Their Defense is one of the best in the country. Nebraska won't be able to put points on the board.

We lost to Bowling Green at home. We are in no position to talk smack about Nebraska.
Michigan is always one of those teams that look really good...until they play the top teams in the B1G (ohio). Then they crumble like week old bread.
Michigan should cover this spread, but I am not yet convinced of Michigan as a contender in the East.

Nebraska defense is legit. They will beat Michigan.

Right. This will be a helluva game - 95,000 fans, night game, Nebraska better each week. They are a very physical team with a much improved defense and lots of weapons on offense. Hope they leave it all on the field so they are flat against us.

I'm hoping Nebraska gets beat up and worn down in preparation for our game. They are playing much better, and Martinez can be very good.

I'm not saying they are going to win the West, but if people don't think this Nebraska team is significantly improved, they are setting themselves up for disappointment. Vegas doesn't just make these numbers up out of thin air.
agreed, the NE game is looking tougher than my initial thoughts

Glad it's at the bank, but I went from we should win, to toss up

I'm putting some money on Michigan. Considering a parlay.

I think if this game was played BEFORE Nebraska routed a very very bad Northwestern team the line would be Michigan -7 or more. Nebraska fans also bet a lot so they bait them with these lines.

I think if this game was played BEFORE Nebraska routed a very very bad Northwestern team the line would be Michigan -7 or more. Nebraska fans also bet a lot so they bait them with these lines.
Same could be said for Michigan fans, no?

Nebraska will cover and might win this game.

Yeah, but their team isn't shit. Michigan fans are going to bet regardless. Nebraska fans are high on that jNW win
Are you saying Nebraska's team is shit? I think a lot of posters are letting their personal feelings about Nebraska cloud their judgment of the team

Are you saying Nebraska's team is shit? I think a lot of posters are letting their personal feelings about Nebraska cloud their judgment of the team
I don't think Nebraska is good at all. I think jNW is really really bad. Nebraska's other wins are against Fordham (2-3, wins against Stonybrook and Lafayette) and Buffalo (2-3). I watched both those games. Fordham got worn down, Buffalo missed some shots. Those games weren't won in dominating fashion, well Fordham was but not early. It was only 7-0 after the first quarter.

How I feel about Nebraska doesn't matter when its my money I'm betting. If I lose because I hate Nebraska then I'm the loser.

Top Bottom