UWOle: 2012 wing Lomomba??

tjgopher

Reaction score
Rivals is reporting that Junior Lomomba of Madison (Wis) is taking an unofficial visit to Minnesota this weekend. He is a Class of 2012 wing prospect. He was at Iowa last weekend. He plans to make an unofficial to Cincinnati and Xavier next weekend. He's apparently also getting interest from Marquette, Wisconsin, Iowa State, and Memphis.

UWOle - what do you know of him? Any opinions?

I've seen him several times. His upside depends on how tall he gets. He has decent, but not great ball and shooting skills, but he is long and athletic and if he goes 6'8" or so he will be a big-time prospect.

Productive is probably the best way to describe Lomomba. Jeronne Maymon and Vander Blue were certainly the primary guys for Memorial's state championship team last season, but Lomomba made some pretty big contributions. In the three state tournament games, he guarded a 6'8" all-state center who is now at Loyola in the quarterfinals, a 6'3" combo guard who is now at Duluth in the semifinals and a 6'7" all state wing who is now at Oregon in the finals.

Lomomba is a solid athlete and versatile player who can do a little bit of everything. From what I saw last season, I did not think he looked like a prospect whose athleticism would stand out at the next level, like Vander, but he is certainly a good athlete (at least) at the HS level. I think his best attribute is his versatility, as he could do a little bit of everything on the offensive end last season and he was able to guard most anyone defensively. Lomomba needs some refinement of his skills, particularly his shooting mechanics, but it should be interesting to see how he develops over the next few seasons. He will certainly have a bigger role for Memorial this coming season with Maymon gone, and an even more significant one next season when Blue and Tre Creamer are gone.

Junior is about 6'4" now, but I would guess that he about done growing. He is pretty old for his class and appears to be an early maturer. I don't think he has any high major offers as of yet, but he does have interest from some bigger schools (e.g. Marquette, Iowa, Minnesota). UW is not involved, presumably due to the relationship (or lack thereof) between the UW staff and Lomomba's mentor (former Badger Hennessy Auriantel).

Top Bottom