UW SPRING GAME

GopherMike

Reaction score
Just heard on our local news here in La Crosse that Becky is going to be charging 5.00 a head to attend their spring game this year. One more reason to hate the Badgers, as if we needed one. I hope this doesn't set a precedent.

A few years ago (or maybe last year?) Ohio State charged money for entrance to their Spring game, but they gave all the money to a charity. Thought it was a classy move.

UW money is going to the School of Nursing according to Rivals. MN will do the same if attendance at such an event grows enough.

It's a good idea (assuming the attendance stays up) and it is a great way for them to raise money for a different part of the University (think of it as athletics giving back). Definitely not something we need to worry about right now sadly.

I agree - more power to them if they are able to do this. This is economics.

It's a good idea (assuming the attendance stays up) and it is a great way for them to raise money for a different part of the University (think of it as athletics giving back). Definitely not something we need to worry about right now sadly.

Charging a $1 would give some nice money to another part of the University.

Why not invest the money into something tangible for the football team, like a new weight room or scholarship endowments.

Why not invest the money into something tangible for the football team, like a new weight room or scholarship endowments.

Because I'm betting more people will be ok with paying money to see a vanilla scrimmage when the money goes to "a good cause" then if they feel that the athletic dept is simply treating them as walking ATM's again. That's my opinion, no idea if that's their logic or not.

How about something like the Homecoming Open House in 2009. Have all different programs at the U set up shop in the concourse and give out information and swag.

Top Bottom