UTEP hasn't beaten anyone this year

clemhaskin

Reaction score
How is that team ranked and in the tourney.?..yes they have 25 wins but over terrible teams. They should be on the bubble at best...check out their resume.

Butler

Same thing with Butler. They beat up on their crappy conference.

Their best win was OSU at home without Evan Turner znd then Xavier at home when the refs and clock guys gave them a W.

http://twitter.com/SethDavisHoops -
Greg Anthony and I will give you our power conference bids at halftime of Ohio St-Illinois. We're trying to figure out if UTEP is still in.

Last tweet: On my board, UTEP eats up at-large bid that would have gone to Ole Miss. Now my last three in are Va Tech, Fla and Minnesota

I agree...they should not be considered a lock. They have only played one team that will definitely be in the field (BYU-lost).

18 wins against 100+ RPI teams

11 wins against 200+ RPI teams

Seth Davis had nothing to say other than "they're in." Not very helpful. I guess you can say that they've been pretty consistent over the course of the year and have no terrible losses (unlike MN), but I agree that there isn't anything in their resume that particularly stands out.

We really need Ohio St to come back and win. That would allow a chance to gain a bid with a loss today. I think an Illinois win would mean we need RI to get crushed (yes) and Washington to lose bad tonight to have a shot should we lose today.

It does help that URI is getting crushed by Temple. If it stays that way URI is out. As i have stated before Washington shouldnt be in the convo for an at-large. Hopefully OSU can beat Illinois.

Top Bottom