Utah moves

washgopher

Reaction score
Utah is moving to the Pac10 leaving the MWC with 9 teams and the newly acquired BSU, so now their much saught after 'automatic' status for the BCS takes a blow back to where they were.

The Big 12's implosion would have been their gain...too bad.

Sixteen team conferences would have all too likely ended all hopes of a Rose Bowl as we know it by forcing a congressional intervention in the BCS with the intent of the implementation of a playoff system; so the apparent reaching of détente between the conferences is a welcome thing for me. Poor Boise State though... from the highs to the lows in a weeks time.

Love the move. What an exciting opportunity for Utah. I am sure the Mountain West will pick up another quality school to continue improving itself.

With Boise State and Utah moving to better conferences (which seemed unthinkable say 10 years ago), maybe the University of Minnesota will get the picture that football is just slightly more important than rowing and table tennis. These schools were not very good in football in the past, but had a few years of notable success and have now been able to move up in the world.

I guess it makes sense, if Texas stays with the Big 12, the Big 12 will keep its status as a BCS conference. If the Big 12 folds, the MWC is in great position to take the Big 12's BCS conference status. But Texas seems to have kept things stable for the moment at least.

There's no way that the PAC-10 will get two automatic BCS bids. If they want to BCS bids, then break up into two conferences. They will be no more deserving of two automatic BCS bids than will any other division in D-I football. The BCS won't let them have it, as the Big Ten, ACC and SEC would immediately demand the same thing.

Top Bottom