USFL draft

I didn't even know this existed. Jim Harbaugh's next pro coaching endeavor.
Saw a few ads for it, I think during NFL playoff games....but there hasn't been a ton of promotion of the league that I have seen to this point.

Interesting....looks like they are doing the draft where each round is a particular position. Will be interesting to see if the league makes it.

Personally, I don't think this makes sense. It appears that every position has a different team starting the round. Some positions are more important than others.

Interesting....looks like they are doing the draft where each round is a particular position. Will be interesting to see if the league makes it.

XFL has signed an agreement with the NFL for officials and rules training. Seems the XFL is more likely to make it.

XFL has signed an agreement with the NFL for officials and rules training. Seems the XFL is more likely to make it.
Time will tell. For as much love as there is for NFL and College football these other leagues just never seem to be able to hang on for more than a year or two.

I guess the CFL has been around forever but gets very little attention in the US.

the idea of each round for a specific position is interesting.

I know the NFL would never consider something like that, but for a start-up league, why not try something different.

the original USFL had some decent teams and good players. The Vikings wound up getting several players with USFL experience including Keith Millard, Gary Zimmerman, WR Anthony Carter, OL David Huffman................and yes, Herschel Walker.

and the Oakland Invaders had a great logo! terrible team, but they looked good.

Wonder what the freebie was to get all these fans to show up? Although I guess the Lions aren't a team to get too excited about.

Their fan base might be small, but they have the most passionate fans in the country (as clearly seen in the video).

Thanks for the bump on this thread, and the info it provided with answers to my questions in the other USFL thread!

Not Gophers or draft related but thought this was funny.

Look: Crowd Shots Of Today’s USFL Game Are Going Viral (msn.com)
The two sports that are most difficult to watch at the professional (and I use the term loosely) level are sub-NFL football like the USFL and XFL and independent league baseball. The difference in athleticism between the big leagues and these levels is so palpable.

I can remember going to a couple of St. Paul Saints games when they were first established and I remember a somewhat lazy fly that was between the LF and CF. I thought it should have been an easy catch, but the two fielders were going full bore and neither one got there. I immediately thought that your average minor league CF would have been camped under the ball.

The two sports that are most difficult to watch at the professional (and I use the term loosely) level are sub-NFL football like the USFL and XFL and independent league baseball. The difference in athleticism between the big leagues and these levels is so palpable.

I can remember going to a couple of St. Paul Saints games when they were first established and I remember a somewhat lazy fly that was between the LF and CF. I thought it should have been an easy catch, but the two fielders were going full bore and neither one got there. I immediately thought that your average minor league CF would have been camped under the ball.
I think the independent league play has gotten better since the early days of the Saints. It was players who mostly topped out as decent in HS and wanted to still play. I could notice a HUGE difference in play from the last Saints independent team and triple-A, especially pitchers.

Yeah the quality of Saints play now is … it’s like watching a whole other sport almost than the past.

Top Bottom