USD Preview

golden

Reaction score
Here's a nice blog on the USD game...
http://www.gophertailgate.com

This has been a good fix for Gopher football now too. Besdies the papers, & nat'l sports writers, gopherhole & rivals, i've found fringebowlteam, gophertailgate.com and the dailygopher to be useful sites to check on at least weekly.

Not bad - the write up is a little dry, but all useful info.

The author beat me to the punch on my preview at Give 'Em Hell Goldy', but its all good, I have a bit more to say regarding SD's matchup with UCF last week, and some ideas about what to expect from the Gophs.

Thanks for sharing the link. Lots of good Gopher blogging going down lately. As a whole, maybe we need to consolidate and collaborate a bit?

Nice read.

I too am impressed by some of the blogs. If Phil hadn't shown up this year i don't think I'd even bother with the papers this season.

I think we can name our score. I don't see USD being able to stop the run any better than MTSU could. We broke some really big runs that would have gone for TDs if MTSU had not have the speed to prevent a 30 yard run from going all the way.

Long clock-consuming drives will probably keep the score from being insane, but it's not going to be close. There doesn't even seem to be much interest in this game from USD fans, they aren't gobbling up tickets like NDSU and SDSU fans are, and while the other Dakota schools have lively message boards, USD's is a ghost town. Most message boards throw PantherHawk off their boards pretty quickly, but without him, there wouldn't be any posts there.

It's funny that USD fans complain about a lack of respect, when they insist on spelling "Gophers" as "Goofers". If they won't show any respect, why should we show any to them. Most of us think that the Gophers will win and will win big. There's nothing wrong with that. We could stoop to the level of some fan bases, and make juvenile insults if that would make them happy.

The USD fans (both of them, it seems) are looking down their noses at the Gophers. They are also looking down their noses at MTSU, obviously because to do otherwise would be to give us credit for beating them. This does not bother me, it simply amuses me. For USD to get even a "moral victory" is unlikely. I think this is the year we show an FCS opponent what a real beating is. And if they complain about running up the score, we can always say that we believed their smack, and this had to score a lot of points to hold off the inevitable USD comeback.

Top Bottom