USC = the new Nebraska?

They shouldn't be bitching. The first QB sneak (3rd down) was probably a TD much less the 4th down attempt.
It's weird, it is a clear TD.

Lincoln seems to think there was a fumble but it's clear from the video the ball is swatted away long after he scores.

If it was a legit close situation you could get it, but arguing against it sends a whole new vibe... desperation.

It's weird, it is a clear TD.

Lincoln seems to think there was a fumble but it's clear from the video the ball is swatted away long after he scores.

If it was a legit close situation you could get it, but arguing against it sends a whole new vibe... desperation.
Even if the argument has merit (his doesn't), whining about the calls after a loss makes it sound like a coach is trying to distract from their own shortcomings. If there is a bad call, let the fans and pundits do the whining.

Shortly after it was announced that USC and the others were joining the B1G some Trojan fan posted a video on Twitter letting all of us know that USC would be taking over conference from the start. I wish I could find that video. It did remind me of the Nebraska fans.

I think we're starting to see that USC is going to need to add brute force to go with the flashy athletes in order to compete with the top level of the B1G. They will continue to lose the battle in the trenches until they add some beef.
They have "beef" they just don't play like it.

Shortly after it was announced that USC and the others were joining the B1G some Trojan fan posted a video on Twitter letting all of us know that USC would be taking over conference from the start. I wish I could find that video. It did remind me of the Nebraska fans.
Couldn't even win the PAC consistently ...

Even if the argument has merit (his doesn't), whining about the calls after a loss makes it sound like a coach is trying to distract from their own shortcomings. If there is a bad call, let the fans and pundits do the whining.
I was impressed with the way PJ handled the offside call against Michigan. And it was a bullshit call--frick'n ref couldn't help himself looking to make an impact. Asshole.

They have "beef" they just don't play like it.
Their beef on the OL are mostly underclassmen, but upperclassmen are quite small on the current roster. The DL has good size, but most of the linebackers are undersized. Looks like they are making an effort to beef up the interior on both sides of the ball.

Their beef on the OL are mostly underclassmen, but upperclassmen are quite small on the current roster. The DL has good size, but most of the linebackers are undersized. Looks like they are making an effort to beef up the interior on both sides of the ball.
Thanks!

To be honest, in real time I thought it WAS an offside, which should never happen on a kickoff. But the replay showed it should not have been called.
I was impressed with the way PJ handled the offside call against Michigan. And it was a bullshit call--frick'n ref couldn't help himself looking to make an impact. Asshole.

Couldn't even win the PAC consistently ...

Not long ago, Lincoln Riley was seen as a young genius, he was an in-demand coach aa well as a media darling.

In the blink of an eye, the narrative has shifted. Looks like they're getting ready to turn on him.

-------------

USC vs. Penn State a turning point for Lincoln Riley? Time for Trojans coach to prove worth with key win​

-------------

Is Lincoln Riley on the hot seat?​

What I notice often is that when the Gophers win a game vs. a "superior opponent", their take is usually that they were victimized by certain "bad" plays made by their team, and usually no acknowledgment that the Gophers happened to make "good" plays...

Only a good amount of time spent near the top of the standings will change this.

Their "take"will be interesting after PSU boat races them this weekend.

I think all of the PAC-12 schools are in for a surprise.

Nebraska certainly was.

I think all of the PAC-12 schools are in for a surprise.

Nebraska certainly was.
There are degrees to it but I pretty much see the BIG as a two tiered conference and it will be interesting to see where the former PAC schools slot in.

Old Big Ten
Top Tier - Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State
2nd Tier - Everyone else

New Big Ten
Top Tier - Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Oregon, and probably USC
2nd Tier - Everyone else.

I think Oregon stays in that top tier, less sure about USC but I think in the end they will remain a slight cut above the rest.

Top Bottom