USC = the new Nebraska?

Crosby

Reaction score
Ok, that was one hell of a win. I made the drive down for the game and was so glad that I did. Awesome night. Prior to this game I had no particular dislike of USC. But that program has the same "we're naturally better than you" attitude that the Huskers had when they first joined the BIG. Check out this link with some USC guys doing "post game analysis" on the field. Should be called "post game whining."

Listen for the comments about "losing to an inferior opponent." There is also a bunch of commentary about the QB sneak review and being surprised that ti was overturned. To me it was really obvious that he had scored.

Also, I have seen no comments about that blowhole receiver (#8) who tried to knock the ball out of Koi's hands about 20 seconds after he made that interception.

So I have decided I dislike them and hope they are headed down the Scott Frost Nebraska path.

Now let's get the Bruins.

They shouldn't be another Nebraska ... but neither should have Nebraska been Nebraska.

I have no faith in Lincoln Riley doing great things there, his pattern seems sorta set ... the next guy, who knows.

Also that brisket....

Ok, that was one hell of a win. I made the drive down for the game and was so glad that I did. Awesome night. Prior to this game I had no particular dislike of USC. But that program has the same "we're naturally better than you" attitude that the Huskers had when they first joined the BIG. Check out this link with some USC guys doing "post game analysis" on the field. Should be called "post game whining."

Listen for the comments about "losing to an inferior opponent." There is also a bunch of commentary about the QB sneak review and being surprised that ti was overturned. To me it was really obvious that he had scored.

Also, I have seen no comments about that blowhole receiver (#8) who tried to knock the ball out of Koi's hands about 20 seconds after he made that interception.

So I have decided I dislike them and hope they are headed down the Scott Frost Nebraska path.

Now let's get the Bruins.
Yeah, they are smug group. In fairness to them, there is no way a traditional blueblood like USC with all the resource advantages they have should ever lose to some nondescript program from flyover country. Or something like that.

Haha. I get what you're saying. Definitely some arrogance to them.

I do think that they will avoid anything like Nebraska though simply because of their location. They're still a well respected university (as long as Aunt Becky isn't trying to buy her kids' way into admission) in a fertile recruiting state in a city with glitz & glamour.

I watched USC/Michigan and came away thinking that the Gophers could beat both squads. I quickly changed my tune after the 3rd quarter of Iowa, but flipped back after the 4th quarter at Michigan. Don't want to crap on the win, because it really was badly needed, but that's not a very good USC team. Wouldn't shock me if they finish 6-6.

No, USC is not Nebraska. As long as California is producing good HS football players, USC has a built in recruiting advantage that Nebraska never had. USC will not dominate the new BG10 like it used to dominate the PAC, but it will be solid.

Looking forward to the day when USC and UCLA have to come in late November and play in the snow. Don't dislike either program but they are going to experience growing pains. UCLA more than USC.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!

Definitely a similar attitude it seems like from their media and fans. In terms of results, though, they aren't Nebraska. They've won a conference title, been to three NY6 bowls and won a Rose Bowl in there. Nebraska hasn't been close to any of that.

Well, let's see... USC has:

— Lincoln Riley, who is supposedly a great coach and is definitely a media darling

— Loads of blue-chip players

— A goodly amount of NIL money (at least, I would assume so).

So how in the world did they get beat by Minnesota — a team coached by a guy the media and opposing fan bases either despise or refuse to take seriously?

What the heck just happened here?!?!

I think we're starting to see that USC is going to need to add brute force to go with the flashy athletes in order to compete with the top level of the B1G. They will continue to lose the battle in the trenches until they add some beef.

I think we're starting to see that USC is going to need to add brute force to go with the flashy athletes in order to compete with the top level of the B1G. They will continue to lose the battle in the trenches until they add some beef.
USC (and even in the past UCLA) were those teams with these inexplicably super skilled athletes ... that just couldn't win the number of games you would expect.

I would watch them on late night paction and you'd get these absurdly good plays, the players would do a dance, then they'd shit the bed for the next 3 downs... it was like the place talent went to enjoy the sun and vanish...

Top Bottom