USC sanctions coming this week

AhliBobwa

Reaction score
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...fate-from-NCAA-by-week-s-end?urn=ncaaf,240015

'The L.A. Times' Chris Dufresne predicts a heavy-handed blow, including scholarship losses and a bowl ban, pointing out that the cash-strewn Albert Means scandal at the turn of the decade cost Alabama 21 scholarships over three years and a two-year bowl ban, which cost the Tide a shot at the SEC title despite a 10-3 record in 2002. (And may have cost them a head coach: Dennis Franchione turned down a 10-year contract extension and was en route to Texas A&M days after the end of the regular season.) No major program has been hit with that kind of hammer in years – California endured the last bowl ban against a BCS conference team in 2003 – but none have faced the potential charges against which USC has had to defend itself in the Bush/O.J. Mayo Affair, and certainly none have presented such a high-profile target for the NCAA to reverse its image as a big softy content with symbolic, retroactive measures like "vacating" wins.'
:clap:
Let's hope Mr. Dufresne is correct. I would LOVE to see USC stripped of scholarships and banned from Bowls for the foreseeable future.

Can't wait to see Lane Kiffin recruit with that kind of baggage. Not to mention the fact that USC players will be pretty distracted this fall if they can't even qualify for a Bowl game.

I agree, but I'll believe when I see it.

USC Sanctions...

I think USC will just get a slap on the wrist. They have some pretty high powered attys out there and will downplay everything as much as they can.

Then again, if the NCAA has the proof in hand, it could be very bad news for the Trojans.

Anyway, I still smell a Gopher upset this fall.

Go Gophers!!!:cheer::drink::cool03:

if the OP gets his wish, too bad no one will be able to see the gopher-sc game you speak of...with the TV ban and all....

Top Bottom