USC-Oregon game

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Really fun game. Great game by Barkley and his wide receivers. Great comeback by the Ducks. Terrible, terrible, terrible decision making by Chip Kelly at the very end. Three timeouts and 20 seconds to go--plenty of time to get into chip-shot range. He has his qb throw it away on purpose on 1st. Screen for a loss on 2nd. Then he takes a knee for no gain setting up a 35 yard fg with one of the worst kickers around. Of course his kicker is going to miss it and he did. Way to go Chip.

Then Baylor takes down Oklahoma...what a game from Griffin III. Stoops' fault. Oklahoma ties the game up at 38 ball deep in Bear's territory and they just try to run out the clock. Sooners take one of their three TOs, Griffen leads Baylor down the field and fires a TD with eight seconds left. 45-38 what a day in college football. BCS is all messed up.

Having the top 3 teams in the BCS should sure quiet down all that "SEC is heads and shoulders above everyone else" nonsense. What happens if Arkansas beats LSU on Friday? You'd have Arkansas, who lost to Alabama, but beat LSU. Alabama, who lost to LSU, but beat Arkansas and LSU, who beat Alabama, but lost to Arkansas.

Having the top 3 teams in the BCS should sure quiet down all that "SEC is heads and shoulders above everyone else" nonsense. What happens if Arkansas beats LSU on Friday? You'd have Arkansas, who lost to Alabama, but beat LSU. Alabama, who lost to LSU, but beat Arkansas and LSU, who beat Alabama, but lost to Arkansas.
I guess the only logical solution in that situation would be to have none of them play in the title game....

I was thinking the same thing - great fun to watch. Both teams amazingly good on offense - did we really hang in there with USC and outscore them in the second half? Also, NDSU won again today to go 10-1. Maybe we played some pretty good teams this year, including Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, etc.

Really fun game. Great game by Barkley and his wide receivers. Great comeback by the Ducks. Terrible, terrible, terrible decision making by Chip Kelly at the very end. Three timeouts and 20 seconds to go--plenty of time to get into chip-shot range. He has his qb throw it away on purpose on 1st. Screen for a loss on 2nd. Then he takes a knee for no gain setting up a 35 yard fg with one of the worst kickers around. Of course his kicker is going to miss it and he did. Way to go Chip.

Hey, now! You're a fan of a 2-9 team. You have no right to question anything a 9-2 team does at all. Ever.

Just ask our Badger friends.

Seriously though, and for the record, I am in complete agreement with you on Kelly's/O-coordinator's handling of the last 3 plays. I'm sure they'd take it back if they could. But then again, maybe not. As mentioned elsewhere, most of these coaches are not willing to admit mistakes - part of what got them to HC D-1 positions, I suppose.

Top Bottom