USA Today College Football Countdown: No. 77: Minnesota

Moving up the board. Not as bad as a few years ago. Now let's finish much higher.

"sometimes, that quintet will be joined by Leaders Division teams like Wisconsin and Penn State."

Don't we play Wiscy every year? I sure think so. I would take this guy with a large grain of salt. He doesn't apparently know about cross divisional yearly tie-ins.

I was paging through the USA Today preview magazine. They didn't have Hageman on the All Big Ten first team, but they did name Brock Vereen.

Tweet from the reporter: @PaulMyerberg: This blows my mind: Minnesota has only eight ex-players in the NFL. How is that possible?

Go Gophers!!

Thanks, I enjoyed the article. I hope that they are wrong about our receivers, but what it written is really all that could be reported. The one thing that annoyed me ever so slightly was about mentioning Bobek. Hasn't it been known for a while that it is unlikely that he will contribute this year?

The one thing that annoyed me ever so slightly was about mentioning Bobek. Hasn't it been known for a while that it is unlikely that he will contribute this year?

This is the line that annoys me: "The pass defense will remain impotent"

I didn't realize the 12th ranked pass defense in the nation is considered "impotent."

This is the line that annoys me: "The pass defense will remain impotent"

I didn't realize the 12th ranked pass defense in the nation is considered "impotent."

Yeah, when it comes to coverage of the gophers, ya gotta go with the local beat guys. The national writers don't even bother to look at a simple stat sheet. They just make stuff up.

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

Thanks, I enjoyed the article. I hope that they are wrong about our receivers, but what it written is really all that could be reported. The one thing that annoyed me ever so slightly was about mentioning Bobek. Hasn't it been known for a while that it is unlikely that he will contribute this year?

I know that Bobek had some sort of infection during spring ball, but I don't think I've definitively heard about his prospects for playing this fall. I could be wrong, though.

Our inefficacy against the six teams he mentioned is even worse than I realized. That really needs to change. This year.

"sometimes, that quintet will be joined by Leaders Division teams like Wisconsin and Penn State."

Don't we play Wiscy every year? I sure think so. I would take this guy with a large grain of salt. He doesn't apparently know about cross divisional yearly tie-ins.

Technically speaking, he's correct. "...and sometimes, that quintet will be joined by Leaders Division teams like Wisconsin and Penn State."

All the time - Wisconsin
Somtimes - Wisconsin and Penn State

Tweet from the reporter: @PaulMyerberg: This blows my mind: Minnesota has only eight ex-players in the NFL. How is that possible?

Go Gophers!!

It might blow his mind even further if he actually looked at the list and saw that several of those probably won't be on 53 man rosters.

Top Bottom