Urban meyer to tOSU

What a joke. I mean it is a great move for Ohio State but I am so sick of this BS dance coaches feel they have to do. Meyer has been denying things left and right when everyone knew it was going to happen. Will be interesting to see what Meyer can do in the Big Ten. He was able to win in the SEC so chances are he will be able to do some good things with the resources he will have at The OSU.

Rip on him all yo want yahoo... fact of the matter is tOSU will be a national power.... yet again..... and i would expect to see alot of the ohio kids who commited to mich to decommit and pledge to OSU... poor mich.... thought you were on the rise only to see this happen... say good bye to all thoes top Ohio recruits you had nabbed after Tressel was fired

I know he had health issues, but I think most of it was family issues. The guy needed a break.

I can only laugh at Michigan. The yearly a$$ poundings will resume in 2012!

I can only laugh at Michigan. The yearly a$$ poundings will resume in 2012!

Right! The Michigan honeymoon was brief - hope they enjoyed it. Now if the Big Ten would only have the sense to move Michigan to the "East," and Wisconsin to the West, where they belong.

Urban Meyer new HC at tOhio State

Ugh!! I thought he left football for health reasons. Thoughts?

He was worried health issues he was having were related to heart problems because his father had heart problems, recently died from them. Learned it was just indigestion. What he told Lou Holtz at least.

He wanted to get away from a Florida team that didn't have much talent coming up, he didn't think his heart could take it.

JK

I hope he beats WI by 30 points every year and I hope they show his daughter a lot (googling to make sure she's 18).

Tully55 said:

Yeah - interesting! Can't wait to hear what he has to say about that

Makes me sick when the talking heads at espn say, "Now the nightmare season can end for the Buckeyes". Really?? Nightmare?? Oh poor tOSU fans, give me a fn break. The rich get richer.

If he thinks he had pressure at Florida, just wait. If he's not in the national title discussion every year at Ohio State the fans are gonna flip their lids. And heaven forbid he have a 3-or-more-loss season (like he did in 2004, 2007, and 2010 at Florida). Expectations are as high as I've seen for a college coach with this hire.

If he thinks he had pressure at Florida, just wait. If he's not in the national title discussion every year at Ohio State the fans are gonna flip their lids. And heaven forbid he have a 3-or-more-loss season (like he did in 2004, 2007, and 2010 at Florida). Expectations are as high as I've seen for a college coach with this hire.
If Saban takes 10 years/100 million from Texas they might be higher

This is a good hire for the Big Ten's brand. Also, a strong Ohio State is a good thing for Minnesota. They'll be that much more likely to keep the cream of the crop recruits from Ohio, thus making life harder for Michigan and Michigan State. Further, Michigan has to play them every year...would prefer to have that remain a consistent L.

Also, potentially keeps Wisconsin from being a perennial B1G Championship Game participant. That would do nothing good for our recruiting, our rivalry, or our psyche.

Just gotta beat Ohio State in one game on a neutral site to go to the Rose Bowl. We don't have to run the gauntlet against them.

This is a good hire for the Big Ten's brand. Also, a strong Ohio State is a good thing for Minnesota. They'll be that much more likely to keep the cream of the crop recruits from Ohio, thus making life harder for Michigan and Michigan State. Further, Michigan has to play them every year...would prefer to have that remain a consistent L.

Also, potentially keeps Wisconsin from being a perennial B1G Championship Game participant. That would do nothing good for our recruiting, our rivalry, or our psyche.

Just gotta beat Ohio State in one game on a neutral site to go to the Rose Bowl. We don't have to run the gauntlet against them.

Since they are in the other division-I agree with you. I still will hate them though-never liked Sweater Vest and never liked Urban.

Top Bottom