Upset Special...

Hahaha 2 point game with a minute and a half left. I'd like to hear UK fans right now.

Miami tied it at 70 with 3 seconds and John Wall hit the winner. UK 72 - M(OH) 70

How fitting....John Wall hits one atthe buzzer to win it in his 1st college game.

Damn...I was hoping UK would be a flop at #5. They still very well could be I guess.

Bummer - catspause would have entertainment for a week if they had lost.

Kentucky was really tempting the fates tonight. I'm sure some folks on Catspause aren't too thrilled at this moment.

Man I would have loved if they had lost!

That was a great game. Charlie Coles always brings a tough, physical, defensive minded squad. He's a throwback and his teams have always played Kentucky really hard. 99 in the Sweet 16 with Wally World and in 06 at Rupp were the same kind of gritty, defensive minded slugfests that tonight was. His boys never quit and they should be very proud of the effort they gave.

That was a great game. Charlie Coles always brings a tough, physical, defensive minded squad. He's a throwback and his teams have always played Kentucky really hard. 99 in the Sweet 16 with Wally World and in 06 at Rupp were the same kind of gritty, defensive minded slugfests that tonight was. His boys never quit and they should be very proud of the effort they gave.

Here's a question for you: What did you think of Miami? It's been a few years since they have won the Mid-American, but based on this performance, they might be pretty good this year. I heard one of their guys hit something like eight three's tonight. :eek:

Here's a question for you: What did you think of Miami? It's been a few years since they have won the Mid-American, but based on this performance, they might be pretty good this year. I heard one of their guys hit something like eight three's tonight. :eek:

The guy who hit those 3's was a career 4.7 PPG'er. They're small inside but tough. The Hayes kid, their starting 5th year senior PG, is legit. They're going to play physical, tough defense that switches off between a compacted 2-3 Zone and a tight man to man. Honestly they're not that athletic, they lack really good size but they defend like wild men. I think they played out of their minds tonight and with maximum effort. I don't think though they can make a whole lot of noise in the MAC but never count out a Charlie Coles coached team.

The guy who hit those 3's was a career 4.7 PPG'er. They're small inside but tough. The Hayes kid, their starting 5th year senior PG, is legit. They're going to play physical, tough defense that switches off between a compacted 2-3 Zone and a tight man to man. Honestly they're not that athletic, they lack really good size but they defend like wild men. I think they played out of their minds tonight and with maximum effort. I don't think though they can make a whole lot of noise in the MAC but never count out a Charlie Coles coached team.

I have to admit, I was surprised to see that they were beaten by Towson in their first game. Admittedly, it was on the road and it was their season opener. But as we all know, college basketball can be a funny game and in a one-game type scenario, just about anything can happen. In fact, that's the biggest reason I love it so much. You never know what's going to happen.

And I see your point about the MAC. It's been a pretty good conference for a long time.

Top Bottom