Upgrade/Renewal Decision

ChicagoGopher

Reaction score
So - I missed out on the upgrade process last year due to some quirks with my donation timing so I'm getting out ahead of it this year and need your opinion. $1000 donation vs. 4 x $250 seats is a wash so I'm definitely trying to move into Zone 2 seating. They can get me there but I'd be moving from lower level home side (Section 144, Row 25) to upper level visitor side (but obviously closer to the 50 yard line). For those sitting on either side - do you like where you are and why? If you're on the home side, would you consider moving to the visitor side similar to what I'm contemplating?

I went from the home corner to the visitor corner after year 1. And we are very happy.

My only gripes with my seats in 109 are that for my 49 year old ears the scoreboard speakers are waaay to frickin' loud. I'm not at a damn concert. And early in the season I find the sun too warm - I sweat like a pig. But keep in mind I would rather be cold than hot.

Being in the visitor side has it's pluses due to the sun, but sometimes makes you feel like an afterthought.
In 103, we get no Goldy or Gopher cheerleaders, plus the band rarely faces you. kinda sucky.

I choose the visitor's side for the sole purpose of being in the sun and have never regretted my decision. Yes it gets a little hot during some of the early games but the sun can make a difference of 10-15 degrees during the chilly October/November games. You can always load up on sunscreen for the September games if you are worried about getting burned.

Everyone go sweat in the sun for 4 of the 7 games on the visitor's side. I want better upgrade opportunities on the home side.

I choose the visitor's side for the sole purpose of being in the sun and have never regretted my decision. Yes it gets a little hot during some of the early games but the sun can make a difference of 10-15 degrees during the chilly October/November games. You can always load up on sunscreen for the September games if you are worried about getting burned.

+1. Visitor side with sun is >>>>>> Home side without sun. Anyone who says different is on the home side and lying to themselves. Not even close.

+1. Visitor side with sun is >>>>>> Home side without sun. Anyone who says different is on the home side and lying to themselves. Not even close.

D'ohkay.

To be honest really without the sun it is 50-50 for the home and away side for me with no real advantage and then when you add the sun it is an easy call.

Gopher football fans should ALWAYS sit on the Home side of the field. You aren't really in the club on the Visitors side. We tend to look down our noses at Gopher fans sitting on the the Visitors side of the stadium. They are always telling us how much warmer it is over there like that would impress a Minnesota football fan. Almost everything is better on the Home side of the field.

The Home side:

- is a little closer to the field
- has somewhat better sight lines
- has a better view of the big scoreboard
- has a better view of downtown
- has a much better view of what is happening on the Gopher sidelines
- can hear the Gopher band a little bit better
- has a right-side-up view of the band at half-time
- has prettier cheerleaders
- is where the dance line hangs out
- sees more of Goldy
- is in the shade when the sun is shining
- is a little warmer when the sun is not shining
- has a few more restrooms
- has a couple more concession stands
- is closer to Stadium Village
- is closer to the LRT line

UpnorthGo4 - as I said, those on the home side will lie to themselves on reasons it is better, but we all know it isn't. #Fact

Everyone go sweat in the sun for 4 of the 7 games on the visitor's side. I want better upgrade opportunities on the home side.

You must sweat walking to your seats.

Gopher football fans should ALWAYS sit on the home team side of the field. You aren't really in the club on the visitors side. We tend to look down our nose at Gopher fans sitting on the the visitors side of the stadiume

Just Broke being Broke.... Nice work....

Gopher football fans should ALWAYS sit on the Home side of the field. You aren't really in the club on the Visitors side. We tend to look down our noses at Gopher fans sitting on the the Visitors side of the stadium. They are always telling us how much warmer it is over there like that would impress a Minnesota football fan. Almost everything is better on the Home side of the field.

The Home side:

- has a much better view of what is happening on the Gopher side lines
- has more cheerleaders
- has a better view of the dance line
- sees more of Goldy

-and our "M" is not a "w". Which is most important.

So - I missed out on the upgrade process last year due to some quirks with my donation timing so I'm getting out ahead of it this year and need your opinion. $1000 donation vs. 4 x $250 seats is a wash so I'm definitely trying to move into Zone 2 seating. They can get me there but I'd be moving from lower level home side (Section 144, Row 25) to upper level visitor side (but obviously closer to the 50 yard line). For those sitting on either side - do you like where you are and why? If you're on the home side, would you consider moving to the visitor side similar to what I'm contemplating?

Just be bi-polar like me and have seats on both sides.:confused:

The Home side:

- has a much better view of what is happening on the Gopher side lines
- has more cheerleaders
- has a better view of the dance line
- sees more of Goldy

Wow. Simply - Wow.

Wouldn't mind a little sun being on the home side of the field. Other than that.....I wouldn't switch.

The Home side:

- has a much better view of what is happening on the Gopher sidelines
- has prettier cheerleaders
- is where the dance line hangs out
- sees more of Goldy

I've been upper level Away side since the Air Force game and I love it. Some of UpnorthGo4's points are not accurate, but some are. Some depend where you sit on the Home/Away side.

I wish our side was the home side. In my book it would be the best of both worlds. As it stands, I wouldn't trade my tickets to go to the Home side. But statements you've seen on the thread should probably tell you it's mostly personal preference. You won't hate either side, you will find things you like about either side depending on the game, and you will find things you like better on the other side depending on the game. You can probably move back next year if you like the other side better.

Top Bottom