UPDATED: Gophers add guard Jordan Riullano as walk-on; teammates with Nwankwo

Do walkon's generally announce on national signing day? Do walkon's sign anything? I think thats why i'm a little weirded out and confused, why is he sitting next to an actual commit saying he's going to the University of Minnesota to play basketball and we've seen nothing official from the team?

I went to highschool with a kid who swore he got letters from Kentucky and Kansas, he never led the conference in one statistical category while we were in highschool not to mention he was barely a starter as a senior on a terrible team. I'm not saying this kid is doing the same thing, but thats what I think about when I see this.

I don't know why you guys are freaking out about this. It sounds like he's just a preferred walk on. If he was offered a scholarship we would know about it by now and they would have included him in the press release they put out. He will replace Kendall Shell who as we know only sees minutes when it's a blowout. I don't see why this is a big deal.

I don't know why you guys are freaking out about this. It sounds like he's just a preferred walk on. If he was offered a scholarship we would know about it by now and they would have included him in the press release they put out. He will replace Kendall Shell who as we know only sees minutes when it's a blowout. I don't see why this is a big deal.

I re-read the thread and cannot find someone freaking out about it.

I think it is about the way it was announced more than anything, odd way for it to come out.

Maybe, just maybe, while Nwankwo came for his OV here, Riullano came with (since they are really close friends) and Jordan decided that where ever Nwankwo went, he would go too even if just as a walk on. It was a basically a package deal with nothing to lose on the Gophers' part. If Jordan turns out good enough to contribute, great, if not, nothing lost. I'm sure Coach Pitino made no promises to Riullano other than giving him a chance to walk on. From all indications, they don't usually say much about the walk-ons, as from the guy that tried out last year and was on the team briefly, and King's buddy this year. We basically found out about Darin from a tweet and exhibition scoring sheet.

Top Bottom