Updated 2014 Football Roster

Killjoy

Reaction score
Based on the updated roster information it appears that Brian Bobek and B. Boddy-Calhoun both received another year due to their injuries last fall. Everything else on the roster seems normal. There was one additional walk on player that I didn't know about (Kasey Robinson). Also Connor Cosgrove and Peter Westerhaus are still listed on the roster. I suspect that is because they are still receiving scholarship but will never be able to play, due to their medical problems. Click on the link below to access the official roster.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/minn-m-footbl-mtt.html

I thought Hinojosa red-shirted. Wouldn't that make him a RS Sophomore? He's listed as a Junior

Hinojosa was RS last season. Gophersports is 1/2 right. If you click on his name, it says "2013: redshirt", they just haven't updated the main roster page properly.

Kill gave him a scholarship. Because he can't play it's a medical which I believe is picked up by the NCAA.

Medical Scholarships are usually picked up by the school, however there is a NCAA fund for injured players, if a medical scholarship isn't offered. It's meant to be a lifeline for students a smaller schools that can't afford to fund medical scholarships.

Is someone going to do that "2 deep" thinger I've seend one on this board before after signing day?

What happened with Westerhaus? Did his illness from last spring turn into something more serious?

I can't recall the details of what was said but he never fully recovered from his accident, i.e. being hit by a boulder while hiking. I also believe it was a head injury but again I don't recall the details.

I can't recall the details of what was said but he never fully recovered from his accident, i.e. being hit by a boulder while hiking. I also believe it was a head injury but again I don't recall the details.

I thought I remember hearing he had an additional medical condition like colitis that prevented him from putting on weight and getting up to full speed physically.

I thought I remember hearing he had an additional medical condition like colitis that prevented him from putting on weight and getting up to full speed physically.

I'm not sure what illness he had, but Kill's referred to some illness that I thought ended Westerhaus's career. I do not believe that it was related to his boulder accident. So this sounds about right.

Coitus was the illness I think

eh oh!

I'm not sure what illness he had, but Kill's referred to some illness that I thought ended Westerhaus's career. I do not believe that it was related to his boulder accident. So this sounds about right.

Thanks Bob - I now recall our conversation about his accident and you mentioned that you didn't think it was too serious. Jokingly I said that if you get hit by a builder it can't be good for you. As I recall you thought that was probably the case. But as you pointed out that is not what did him in.

Top Bottom