**UPDATE** Sioux Falls Area Fan Club

JoeDirt

Reaction score
Well we are only 12 days away from the start of what hopes to be a great Jerry Kill era and a successful, fun Gopher Fan Club! There are many exciting new developments over the last month or so and many more we are working on right up until September 3rd. In case you can't remember what we have or missed the last thread about this here's a recap.

The new game day viewing party and fan club will take place at Nutty's in Sioux Falls. If you haven't been there or it's been awhile I think you'll be very pleased. The owner has been very good to our new group and has offered us many perks and specials, more on those later. We have full access to the entire bar but until I know how many Gopher fans will actually make the effort to get here I decided to put us in the enclosed patio area with our own sound system and T.V.'s including a 72" big screen. So far, we have made great strides in making it our own "Gopher Hole." Beal distributing and Budweiser have been kind enough to make us several large banners and wall coverings. These banners will help us to promote the place to passers by that might be Gopher fans as well as add to a great atmosphere inside.

Besides the banners and drink specials, some new developments are even more exciting. The biggest is that we will have radio advertising! Starting next weekend, Nutty's will begin airing commercials advertising Nutty's as the official home for Gopher football! They will go a long way to get the word out that Gopher fans are not only welcome during the fall, but also the entire year! If at any point in time you go to Nutty's you will get a special price if you are wearing any Gopher apparel. Gregg is so pumped for this to take off that he would even rename part of the bar the "Gopher Hole!" Hopefully we can show up in droves!

There are also many more idea's that I am still working hard on before USC. A few of these include; plastic commemorative Gopher beer mugs that you take home, a live radio broadcast from one of the local radio sports stations in town, and I've also been trying to get facetime with local business' to secure some support to our group. Hopefully some these can be accomplished at some point this fall if not before Sept. 3rd.

The Goalline Club has also been very good to us. They are in full support of our local club and hope that someday we could become an official chapter of the GLC. I have asked them for several different Gopher trinkets and clothing that we could give out to attendee's and anyone who wishes to become a Goalline Club member. There is potential for some very cool things getting donated to us.

We could have a very successful and fun group of people. The kinds of things we will have go well beyond gameday parties. We have very real potential for golf tourney's, an offseason Gopher caravan visit, and charter bus trips to home games. Think big, the possibilities are endless. However, none of this will happen if we don't get Gopher fans making the effort. Please do what you can to come out in two weeks and tell anyone and everyone you know in the region about our club.

Constantly updated information can obviously be found here in addition to:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sioux-Falls-Gopher-Fans/177013579029255
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1142072702

For any questions and suggestions please don't hesitate to ask/offer:
[email protected] and here at the 'Hole!

Let's make this a success and get to know some great fans in our area! SKI-U-MAH!

Nice work JoeD! While I live in SC Minnesota, my wife hails from Hartford, S.D., and we've found ourselves out there visiting family during football season from time to time. It would be great to have a place to watch a game with other Gopher fans as my in-laws tend to cheer against Minnesota teams.

Nice work JoeD! While I live in SC Minnesota, my wife hails from Hartford, S.D., and we've found ourselves out there visiting family during football season from time to time. It would be great to have a place to watch a game with other Gopher fans as my in-laws tend to cheer against Minnesota teams.

Perfect! Would love to have ya!

Great to see this organizing, hopefully this is the first of regional fan clubs.

Great idea, now can someone come up with this idea in western wi, I would be there at every away game. I would think it would be a little harder over here in enemy territory but it would be really cool watching all the badger fans coming into the Gopher bar in Wi, drinking out of their own gopher mug.
Go Gophers!

Great idea, now can someone come up with this idea in western wi, I would be there at every away game. I would think it would be a little harder over here in enemy territory but it would be really cool watching all the badger fans coming into the Gopher bar in Wi, drinking out of their own gopher mug.
Go Gophers!

Where in Western Wisconsin? Eau Claire, La Crosse?

Where in Western Wisconsin? Eau Claire, La Crosse?

Eau Claire, it would be great to get a bar on Water Street to be the official Gopher Bar. There is enough Minnesota college students in the area and maybe enough of us older Minnesota transplants to make this a fun time.
Go Gophers!

Just a quick bump to this thread in case people need a reminder. It's finally gameday! Come one, come all as we watch the U take on USC at 2:30! SKI-U-MAH!

Just a quick bump to this thread in case people need a reminder. It's finally gameday! Come one, come all as we watch the U take on USC at 2:30! SKI-U-MAH!

Like I said on another thread: "I am so excited for Gopher Football that I bought an extra supply of Depends!!!"

GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom